Sony announces PlayStation Classic, a $100 mini PS1

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 19, 2018, 11:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

i already purchased my "retro" console.  it was called raspberry Pi.
Same, to be honest.  RetroPie is actually super nice, and works great.  

But, I'm a big sucker and still want to get one...  

i just can't see the value in $100 for 20 retro games from one console era.  hell, even on my raspberry Pi  where i downloaded all of my favorites from nes, snes, genisis, ect,..  i still really can't get much passed 20 games i even want to replay.  i basically have it as a "training console" for my son until he is ready to try out a modern console controller.
Yeah.  There's only been a few that I've really wanted to replay.  

Kerotan

Cool for those who want it but not for me. I have all the ps1 games I like on my ps3 and some even remastered on ps4.

BananaKing

i already purchased my "retro" console.  it was called raspberry Pi.

i just can't see the value in $100 for 20 retro games from one console era.  hell, even on my raspberry Pi  where i downloaded all of my favorites from nes, snes, genisis, ect,..  i still really can't get much passed 20 games i even want to replay.  i basically have it as a "training console" for my son until he is ready to try out a modern console controller.
I think this generally relies on nostalgia and a certain "novelty" or that's "cool" aspect. The thing itself would make a great and nice gift to anyone who is a gamer. Also iI bet a lot don't care about the games but want the thing in their house. Maybe what I'm trying to say it's kind of like action figures where you don't play with the toy but want it hanging around

the-pi-guy

I think this generally relies on nostalgia and a certain "novelty" or that's "cool" aspect. The thing itself would make a great and nice gift to anyone who is a gamer. Also iI bet a lot don't care about the games but want the thing in their house. Maybe what I'm trying to say it's kind of like action figures where you don't play with the toy but want it hanging around
That's legitimately where I am.

darkknightkryta

I have my Vita TV =D

Go Up