Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

I didn't realize Nick Fury was originally white.  

He was redesigned in 2002, to look like Samuel L Jackson.  
Hell yeah mother fudge maker.

Legend

I didn't realize Nick Fury was originally white.  

He was redesigned in 2002, to look like Samuel L Jackson.  
That's funny that they redesigned him after a specific actor and then were able to higher him. I wonder how often that happens with comics.

the-pi-guy

That's funny that they redesigned him after a specific actor and then were able to higher him.
Yeah it's awesome.
When the character resurfaced in 2002 in The Ultimates, he had been redesigned to look like actor Samuel L. Jackson.[4] and first appeared with this revised look in The Ultimates #1, as drawn by Bryan Hitch. The similarity is even noted within the comic itself, in a scene in which the Ultimates discuss who they think should play each of them in a hypothetical movie about the team. Fury's answer for himself is "Mr. Samuel L. Jackson, of course, no discussion."

I wonder how often that happens with comics.
I'm sure probably never.  

Legend

It's happening!

Yeah it's awesome.
I'm sure probably never.  

Well we already have 1 example so it can't be never.

Also reminds me of a joke Chris Pratt made. On parks and rec he had a joke about being in Jurassic Park 4 way before that actually happened.

Dr. Pezus

Sep 27, 2018, 11:47 AM Last Edit: Sep 27, 2018, 11:51 AM by Dr. Pezus
Joaquin Phoenix is looking pretty sick as the joker

Xevross

In the biggest surprise of the week... Venom is sitting on a sweet 25% RT score.

BananaKing

In the biggest surprise of the week... Venom is sitting on a sweet 25% RT score.
HineHone the trailers didn't look good. Sure venom as a character looked cool and Tom hardy Is awesome. But the movie itself kinda looked lame

Legend

HineHone the trailers didn't look good. Sure venom as a character looked cool and Tom hardy Is awesome. But the movie itself kinda looked lame
Agreed. It looked like it had no substance.

Dr. Pezus

Agreed

Was surprised to see Tom in such bad trailers

BananaKing

"Hinehone" that's the work of my auto correct fixing the word "honestly". fudgy hell is my autocorrect shame.

Legend

"Hinehone" that's the work of my auto correct fixing the word "honestly". fudgy hell is my autocorrect shame.
I was wondering if it was some local thing  ::)

Xevross

Yeah the first trailer looked okay but since then... Poop

Ludicrous Speed

Venom looked terrible and they never should have bothered without the R rating.

Xevross

Well Venom surpassed all expectations and smashed the October record with an $80M domestic opening weekend. WW total so far is $205M. Should make a pretty large profit, with a $600M+ gross overall.

Legend

Well Venom surpassed all expectations and smashed the October record with an $80M domestic opening weekend. WW total so far is $205M. Should make a pretty large profit, with a $600M+ gross overall.
That's great. Sony needs a hit movie one of these years.

Go Up