PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

Journey is great. A nice little game. It's pretty short but in a way that's part of its charm.

The last of us left behind is so overrated IMO. It's good but not mind blowing nor one of the best DLCs like its said to be.

the-pi-guy

Says it's made in dreams...  

Legend

Says it's made in dreams...  
Wish the vid was higher res. The lod method is really cool in dreams and this shows it well.

the-pi-guy

A major voice actor in Jak and Daxter died in 2017 and I just found out about it.

:'(

Xevross

Apr 19, 2020, 11:29 PM Last Edit: Apr 19, 2020, 11:38 PM by Xevross
Played the first 3 chapters of FF7 Remake and I'm loving it so far. I can barely fault it, every aspect of the game (characters, story, level design, gameplay, graphics etc.) seem stellar so far. Can't wait to play more.

Edit: animations in this game feel GOAT tier, I'm being constantly wowed by what I'm seeing from attack animations and character dialogue animations alike.

Legend

Played the first 3 chapters of FF7 Remake and I'm loving it so far. I can barely fault it, every aspect of the game (characters, story, level design, gameplay, graphics etc.) seem stellar so far. Can't wait to play more.
I'm afraid of spoilers (lol yeah I know it's an old game) so has there been any news on when part 2 is expected?

Xevross

I'm afraid of spoilers (lol yeah I know it's an old game) so has there been any news on when part 2 is expected?
Lol I'm the same, never played the original so its a new story to me and I'm trying to avoid spoilers. I've managed to go in completely blind, pretty much all I knew were the names of the characters and the city they're in, everything else is new to me.

There's no news on it at all, no. Not even rumours, unless I missed any.

Xevross

Played 6 more hours of FF7 Remake today, I'm hooked! The pacing has been brilliant so far, makes it very hard to put down. My compliments from yesterday still hold, the game excels in almost every aspect.

I have very few complaints so far, most just relate to the Nomura anime weirdness which I guess you have to expect a bit of, the basic cartoon villain that has been in cutscenes a few times is written so badly.

There's been a few gamey things which have taken me out of the game a few times, like conversations taking a while to load so you're just sitting there waiting, or characters saying that something (like a fight) is over when there's no way they should have known that yet. For example, there's a point where you go through four similar rooms that are manned with enemy squads 8, 7, 6 and 5. It seems like it will keep going but then after finishing with room 5 your party members somehow know that's the last one and you're moving on. Kinda weird, very minor complain anyway.

Feels very much like a 9-9.5/10 game so far.

Xevross

Oh man it keeps on taking some crazy turns. Chapter 9 was amazing, the Honeybee Inn in particular was spectacular.

I'm glad I wasn't spoiled on the story, going through some of these important moments not knowing what happens is great. I didn't expect it to get this emotional either.

There's been a couple of chapters which definitely felt like a bit of filler. They were good for some character development but I think it could have been handled a better with some better pacing, for example. With stuff like this I'm definitely seeing why the game didn't manage 90 on Opencritic (or meta if you're weird and prefer that), but for me its still like a 9.5/10. I'm loving it, any year that didn't have TLOU2 coming out I'd be thinking this is gonna be my GOTY. Might still be, never know.

SWORDF1SH

Wish the vid was higher res. The lod method is really cool in dreams and this shows it well.
BadRobo is pretty good. He makes some brilliant stuff in Dreams.

DerNebel

I saw (some of) the TLOUP2 spoilers that were leaked yesterday. It's probably thanks to this whole Corona situation but getting this spoiled has legitimately made me sad and ruined my day.

kitler53

I saw (some of) the TLOUP2 spoilers that were leaked yesterday. It's probably thanks to this whole Corona situation but getting this spoiled has legitimately made me sad and ruined my day.
did dumbledore die again?

...was soo fudgy pissed when i saw that in a headline the day after the half blood prince shipped.  i didn't even have my copy yet as amazon took like a week to get it to me.   some people are just assholes.  some people just want to see the world burn.

i'm going to avoid these spoilers as best i can but i'm sure someone will find a way to fudgy wreak it for me.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

DerNebel

did dumbledore die again?

...was soo fudgy pissed when i saw that in a headline the day after the half blood prince shipped.  i didn't even have my copy yet as amazon took like a week to get it to me.   some people are just assholes.  some people just want to see the world burn.

i'm going to avoid these spoilers as best i can but i'm sure someone will find a way to fudgy wreak it for me.

You'll probably have to avoid comment sections on twitter, youtube etc. for anything that is playstation related and that for months it looks.

I read one of the things I saw had been changed according to another supposed beta tester. Who knows, but trying to avoid spoilers is going to be struggle online these next few months. Me, I'm just weak to this shame and can only blame myself.

kitler53

You'll probably have to avoid comment sections on twitter, youtube etc. for anything that is playstation related and that for months it looks.

I read one of the things I saw had been changed according to another supposed beta tester. Who knows, but trying to avoid spoilers is going to be struggle online these next few months. Me, I'm just weak to this shame and can only blame myself.
i don't twitter or youtube.   i work in software.  once i'm home i'm actually pretty technology averse.  the phone is set in the corner.  i don't do much in social media.   it's all just too stressful and "work" like.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

DerNebel

i don't twitter or youtube.   i work in software.  once i'm home i'm actually pretty technology averse.  the phone is set in the corner.  i don't do much in social media.   it's all just too stressful and "work" like.
Then I hope this works out for you, genuinely.

Go Up