The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Ridiculously
0 (0%)
Very
1 (20%)
Somewhat
0 (0%)
Not at all
0 (0%)
Depends on my mood
4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Go Down

DerNebel

Oculus -- Shop
Oh I'm actually getting that page to load, it's saying $59900, yes there's no comma or point or whatever, guess that's a typo. :D

Well woopsie, I expect the PC VR hype to take somewhat of a nosedive after this. Lol.

the-pi-guy

Oculus Rift
Includes: headset, sensor, Oculus Remote, cables, Xbox One Controller, EVE: Valkyrie, and Lucky's Tale*Expected Ship Date: March 2016. Limit 1 per Customer

Qty: 1

$599.00

This price does not include tax and shipping.
Subtotal: $599.00

Dr. Pezus

It's already dead. Holy shame, and they thought ps3 was expensive

the-pi-guy

Oh I'm actually getting that page to load, it's saying $59900, yes there's no comma or point or whatever, guess that's a typo. :D

Well woopsie, I expect the PC VR hype to take somewhat of a nosedive after this. Lol.
Someone else sees it too.

Mmm_fish_tacos

the-pi-guy

Legend

It's already dead. Holy shame, and they thought ps3 was expensive
Literally, literally, you can by a smartphone and Gear VR for the same price.

Crazy.

the-pi-guy

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Oculus Rift available for preorder for $599.99, shipping in March

Originally Posted by GeoramA

fudge. That's a pretty expensive start for VR.  But Sony could do their hero thing again and announce PSVR for $299.

Judging by the costs of Oculus, Sony would only do this if they're willing to either take a massive loss up front or sell a wildly inferior product.  AKA, it's going to be almost just as expensive.

DerNebel

I ain't believin it.  

Was gonna post something like this, this is apparently the price in germany and presumably the whole Eurozone, cause fudge exchange rates apparently...well not like I was going to buy this anyway but this deserves an extra fudge you to occulus and facebook.

Rorono

Sony did say they were willing to take a loss and recoup later or in SW. Nothing about a "massive" loss though. I don't expect PSVR to be more than 499 but maybe it won't be less either

the-pi-guy

Jan 06, 2016, 04:40 PM Last Edit: Jan 06, 2016, 04:43 PM by the-pi-guy
Oculus answers the big Rift questions • Eurogamer.net
As for the eventual price: the consumer version should come in similar to what DK2 costs now. "We want to stay in that $200-$400 price range," he states. "That could slide in either direction depending on scale, pre-orders, the components we end up using, business negotiations..."

"Whatever it is," Luckey adds, "it's going to be as cheap as possible." Mitchell nods: "That's really the goal."
2 years later, it's 3 times the lower range.  

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Oculus Rift available for preorder for $599.99, shipping in March

/

Aura7541

Mmm_fish_tacos

Sony needs to come in and stealet the show with a 350 price tag.

DerNebel

I do have to put a tinfoil hat on here for a second though, do you think there's a chance Sony could have pulled PSVR from CEs after hearing about the Occulus pre order announcement? Maybe to check out this exact reaction to price first?

Mmm_fish_tacos

I do have to put a tinfoil hat on here for a second though, do you think there's a chance Sony could have pulled PSVR from CEs after hearing about the Occulus pre order announcement? Maybe to check out this exact reaction to price first?
I think they were always going to wait for someone else to announce first.

Go Up