The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Viewing single post

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Mmm_fish_tacos

What happened with yours?

I've spent a few more hours in Gear VR. The fov, framerate, resoltion, blur, and screen door effect all seem good enough for this stage.

What VR needs is better comfort, better tracking, and better software.

My best experience has been the Netflix app. The environment is just so good. It simulates head movement as you look around giving everything a real feeling. With a low light show playing, it looks eerily real.

Most other software is ugly, low resolution, pivot only, and incorrect scale. 360 3d videos made by Samsung look pretty good, but everything else is just poor feeling. 360 2d is much better at not sucking. Feels like a Disney ride with projector screens surrounding you.

I've yet to feel the desire for room scale VR, but having a foot or two of movement feels needed. Bending forward and leaning around currently breaks the experience, yet in vr you can't help but feel the desire to do so.

GearVR is comfy on its own, but with headphones it gets sore fast. A full on helmet would feel better imo. Once inside you don't care about bulk.
I sold it. I only bought it to test out vr. Knowing it wasn't going to compare to the high end headsets. I just wanted to know what vr felt like. I also got lucky and ended up with two of them so I made some money on the deal.