Cyberpunk 2077: bet on the metacritic

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 13, 2020, 10:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

so wait a year when the game drops to $10.  got it. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

I feel like ill wait till this is on ps5 and I get a PS5. Could be an epic first PS5 game for me

Xevross

The PS5 BC version is okay, its a good enough version in that its playable and runs well. Its just if you compare to PC it is still really lacking in stuff like crowd density. Waiting for the native next gen version is probably a good move though, it'll be a lot better.

Legend

The PS5 BC version is okay, its a good enough version in that its playable and runs well. Its just if you compare to PC it is still really lacking in stuff like crowd density. Waiting for the native next gen version is probably a good move though, it'll be a lot better.
Any other advantages to the PC version?

I'd prefer to play on PS5 but I have a strong PC so...

Xevross

Any other advantages to the PC version?

I'd prefer to play on PS5 but I have a strong PC so...
PS5 is dynamic Res and sub 1440p majority of the time, in fact usually well below that, it often looks blurry. So if your PC can handle resolution better that's an obvious bonus. I haven't seen enough of the PC version to say though, it really depends on your machine.

Legend

PS5 is dynamic Res and sub 1440p majority of the time, in fact usually well below that, it often looks blurry. So if your PC can handle resolution better that's an obvious bonus. I haven't seen enough of the PC version to say though, it really depends on your machine.
I'm rocking 1080p screens so that doesn't matter. I only care about gameplay/feel stuff like crowd density or horrible pop in.

Guess I'll stick with PS5.

Xevross

Dec 10, 2020, 10:38 PM Last Edit: Dec 10, 2020, 10:43 PM by Xevross
After playing 4 more hours today I maintain this is the buggiest game I ever played, its an absolute mess. It doesn't look particularly impressive either. A high end PC seems to be the only way CDPR want you to play this right now.

I'm still engaged in the game, but it doesn't feel like this is the game that's at the centre of this huge cultural phenomenon, a game that had this much hype and will be a top 3 game launch of all time. It just feels like another game, perhaps without all the bugs and glitches it'd even be a fantastic RPG overall. But its not special, or fresh. Its not close to being a masterpiece. It doesn't raise the bar on any aspect of game design. Its just another game.

As I said, that's just after 4 more hours for 6 hours total. I can see the story of the game blowing me away, I think that's why it has 91 on opencritic. I may end up loving it, but if I do it'll be like a "I love this game but I wouldn't rate it that high" situation. This is really not a AAA game of GOW/ RDR2/ TLOU2 caliber at all.

I'm rocking 1080p screens so that doesn't matter. I only care about gameplay/feel stuff like crowd density or horrible pop in.

Guess I'll stick with PS5.
There's shame tonnes of bad pop-in (e.g. your own gun), graphical glitches, not loading textures, characters doing wonky stuff, cars going invisible, performance drops in busy areas etc. that I'm not sure happens on PC. Crowd density is vastly better on PC from what I've seen in videos, and its certainly not impressive at all on PS5. There's barely any cars on the road and the amount of pedestrians feels very normal, like an average open world city game. In fact I've seen many games with much denser crowds.

the-pi-guy

Behold the greatest bug ever!!!  

Look at this!  

Guy just sitting casually. Unaware a tiny forest grows on his carpet.

Legend

That's really damning of the game in its current form.

Would you recommend holding off? Might be best to give it some patches first.

I'm supper bummed. I was really feeling the hype for this as of late.

Xevross

That's really damning of the game in its current form.

Would you recommend holding off? Might be best to give it some patches first.

I'm supper bummed. I was really feeling the hype for this as of late.
If you're hyped then you might as well play a bit. Nothing is game breaking so far, it just makes the game look bad. If you're not that hyped then I would absolutely hold off, it'll be worth it. Check out this DF video:

PS5 is basically the PS4 Pro game but 50-60fps.

Legend

Ok I'm breaking down and will watch videos after the game awards.

Xevross

That PS4 version is the PS5 version too, it just has the BC advantage of boosted power and SSD stopping some of these issues. So, yeah.

the-pi-guy

Yeah it looks bad.

It's like the game is like running PS2 settings, then it remembers it's a PS4.

Legend

Watched some basic footage.

Dear god, do not play this game unless you own a next gen system. PS5 and Series X at least seem comparable and acceptable. I'll probably just carry on with my plans to get it on PS5.

nnodley

I have the game, but guess i'll just hold off and continuing playing Valhalla, watch dogs, and demons souls

Go Up