The Anime Thread

Started by darkknightkryta, May 02, 2014, 09:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you go to conventions?

Linked Events

• Anime North: May 25, 2018, 01:11 AM - May 27, 2018, 01:11 AM End Countdown
Go Down

DrakeSnake

Yeah. an adult game from what I hear.  It's just I was really interested in the season finale that I couldn't wait a few months for the next season.  So I went to read the manga.  The other thing is that I didn't watch the original series and my friend was telling me that Saber getting taken over didn't happen.  But it's there in the manga.  Though I'm not sure I can get into the original series.  It seems like they took the story and had filler people write it.  But the comedy is way better in the original.  I actually miss that exaggerated comedy.
From what i've heard is that the anime will have an anime original ending not from the games or manga.

darkknightkryta

From what i've heard is that the anime will have an anime original ending not from the games or manga.

It's possible.  It's just that the events follow the manga closely, including the characterizations. Like Blade Works is very different from the original. But Blade Works is very close to the manga.  Not sure what's going to happen in the spring though.  They don't have enough episodes to get that far past Berserker.

Proxy-Pie

<3 Bleach.
Why do I always root for the little guy...

darkknightkryta

<3 Bleach.
Why do I always root for the little guy...

Because you're crazy, that's why! 

On another note, Anime North kinda screwed us over for ticketing.  They raised prices this year without telling anyone.  Not only did they do that, they sent us all e-mails New Years day at 12 am.  I personally didn't bother looking at the e-mail thoroughly.  When I did though; boy was I caught off guard.  They made it so that the first 5000 people got last year's pricing.  I checked January 2nd to go buy the tickets.  They were sold out.  I had to buy at the higher price.

the-pi-guy

I say this a lot, but I need to watch more anime....

Looking at getting the complete collection for Avatar and Death Note. 
Also imagining if there was a complete collection for Naruto and Bleach. 

"And here we are the biggest room in the house.  It used to be a box that was used to ship a DVD collection."

darkknightkryta

I say this a lot, but I need to watch more anime....

Looking at getting the complete collection for Avatar and Death Note. 
Also imagining if there was a complete collection for Naruto and Bleach. 

"And here we are the biggest room in the house.  It used to be a box that was used to ship a DVD collection."

I've contemplated Bleach and Naruto.  I might do Bleach.  With Naruto I'll probably stop with when Sasuke leaves.  I'm also contemplating Inuyasha.  Though it's mostly for nostalgia.  I get good feelings even just thinking of Inuyasha's first ending.  Reminds me of how amazing YTV was with anime.  It was the golden years.

the-pi-guy

I've contemplated Bleach and Naruto.  I might do Bleach.  With Naruto I'll probably stop with when Sasuke leaves.  I'm also contemplating Inuyasha.  Though it's mostly for nostalgia.  I get good feelings even just thinking of Inuyasha's first ending.  Reminds me of how amazing YTV was with anime.  It was the golden years.

OH INUYASHA! 
I need that too. 

Proxy-Pie

Do yourself a favour and skip the filler, it's why so many people dislike Bleach :P
(You could always come back and watch the decent Zanpakutou Rebelion and Mod Soul filler arcs later on, just don't watch them before finishing because they're placed in the middle of the important arcs and have no connection with them at all).

darkknightkryta

Do yourself a favour and skip the filler, it's why so many people dislike Bleach :P
(You could always come back and watch the decent Zanpakutou Rebelion and Mod Soul filler arcs later on, just don't watch them before finishing because they're placed in the middle of the important arcs and have no connection with them at all).

I actually want to watch the filler. Part of the reason for me not enjoying Bleach and Naruto anymore was the lack of character development. The filler might solve that.

darkknightkryta

My Sailor Moon Blurays came in.  Oh god the show's a riot.

Raven

Just found out that there is a third season of High School DxD. So excite. Much happy.

darkknightkryta

Just found out that there is a third season of High School DxD. So excite. Much happy.

That's nice.  I still have to watch through the first XD.  I am somewhat caught up with the manga though.

darkknightkryta

Listening to Kiryuin Ragyo's theme from Kill La Kill.  How'd you guys like the anime?  I personally think it was a revelation for the stagnation that hit anime.

Raven

Listening to Kiryuin Ragyo's theme from Kill La Kill.  How'd you guys like the anime?  I personally think it was a revelation for the stagnation that hit anime.

Blumenkranz? Love that one. I thought the anime was great. I was a little put off by it at first. Then the two natural pines and dog got my attention. Then as I kept watching I started enjoying the ridiculous story, the characters, and some of the humor.

the-pi-guy

Love the song.  Need to get back into the anime. 

Go Up