Avowed announced - RPG from Obsidian

Started by Legend, Jul 23, 2020, 05:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

That all sounds amazing.

Agreed. Honestly this game alone could be Xbox's ace. For the next 2 years it can be used as a "wait for Avowed" crutch and then after release if it's good it can be proof that Microsoft's approach to building up first party is working. It's the big game that's making me still think an xsx at launch could be a worthy investment.

Also it seems even you and I were too conservative with our date predictions. They could have a sequel out by Kitler's 2026.
Yeah its hard to predict without knowing how long its been in dev for and by how many. We all assumed it started after Outer Worlds and with not many people since they are making DLC and another game. But 2 and a half years most of that time with 100 devs is a huge jump forward and late 2022 target makes full sense knowing this. I still think if it wasn't to be Skyrim sized and critically acclaimed (90+ meta) it will most likely need longer but with their current target I can see a game like Skyrim but on a lower tier and high 80s average scores.

We really underestimated how huge Obsidian is, they're probably bigger than every other xbox acquisition combined and like I said I think they're xbox's biggest and best studio now and Avowed will probably cement that.

Go Up