Xbox twitter is toxic

Started by Legend, May 23, 2022, 11:57 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

It's infuriating when corporations use fanboy defenses. Just makes everything worse, like when they mocked people for disliking Halo 5 microtransactions.

Anyway, this tweet reminded me to buy 2 years of gamepass lol. I got the $1 upgrade deal to work which was still pretty expensive, but I've been wanting to have gold anyway to play online with my brother.

kitler53

I read the article but there was a comment that was much more "insightful" to me

5/23/22 2:19pm

I think you're failing to distinguish between value and value proposition.
They're not the same thing.
Yeah, if you look technically at what's being provided, pretty much every subscription service except maybe EA's one offers "great value", and you could say the same re; "How are people not finding value here?!?!?!" about Netflix.
But value proposition is more about how it feels relative to other ways you could be spending your time/money.
I cancelled Gamepass a few weeks ago myself. Not a big thing, I often cancel/resub to stuff like that. But I cancelled it because whilst it obviously offers technically great value, it didn't offer anything I particularly wanted/needed. I had actually resubbed for Weird West, but when that was only okay, I unsub'd again.
I have Steam, with tons of games I've never finished/played. Epic Game Store constantly gives me games. Other giveaways/cheap bundles provide me with games. And there's MMOs, F2P games and all sorts out there. Or just not playing video games and say, watching TV, or YouTube or whatever.
All that together, right now, means the value proposition from a whole bunch of other games I haven't finished/played on Gamepass is pretty low. Does that make sense? Technically, the value is "high", because wooo look at all these games for £8.99/month or whatever, but none of them are screaming "PLAY ME!" louder than other games I have access to or other things I could be doing.
I'm sure that'll change in time.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

but I suppose this thread is more about the Xbox response. 

it's childish.   

a vast majority of gamers only play a few games a year and have no time/interest in experimental and somewhat flawed games as indies typically are. 

so many gamepass advocates forget that most gamers don't play 52 games a year.

tell me you're a video game elitist without telling me you're a video game elitist.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens