Anyone planning to pay for upgrade PS+?

Started by Legend, May 19, 2022, 10:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Pi's thread had no comments and I know I'm personally not gonna bother.

Will it be popular?

nnodley

eh i'll evaluate what all is included and see what games start to come.  Probably eventually i will.

kitler53

I dunno.  maybe I guess.  not right away,..  I still prefer to buy my games on sale then hope the join a subscription.

...but returnal is going to be my next coop game after elden ring.  I'll at least review the cost of that game against the cost of the sub. miles morales is also on my wish list.   

I guess I want to see the entire catalog and if Sony's games ever leave the service.   even though ps+ has a pretty bad lineup at least I know they never leave so I can play at my leisure.

honestly at this point the timed demos is probably the best feature of the whole service.   I'd be more willing to pay more if it has more of those kinds of things.   better cloud saves.  streaming access to my digital library.  share play with no time limit.  ect.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

I may consider subscribing, but probably not.

darkknightkryta

If I didn't start playing games with my friends recently, I was actually planning to cancel my PS Plus all together.  PSX and PS2 games are apparently going to go piecemeal as well, I have no reason to buy.  But I don't have a PS5 either, so I'm not sure how any of this stuff is going to work on PS4, if it does.

kitler53

another thing to add,..  if I upgrade it will probably be on black friday.  

my ps+ sub ends every early January and I always use black Friday to extent my sub for cheaper.   $45 is better than $60.  

if the higher theirs of this service are also on sale I could maybe see myself upgrading.  $90 is better than $120. 

BananaKing

I dont think I will, depending on how my life will be in a few months as I plan to move

the-pi-guy

I've only subscribed to PS+ twice.

I don't have much interest in multiplayer.

And I don't have much interest in a game catalog. I tend to be more limited by time than money. I could probably go the next three years without buying a single game, and that is without all the minor steam games that I have for no apparent reason. And I personally prefer owning my content.

I am interested in the PS+ revamp for two reasons:

1.) BC: I'm really interested to see the PS1/PS2/PSP classics. There are some decent PS2 games in particular that I'd like to go back to. And it seems these will be purchasable on their own.

2.) Gamepass competitor: would be nice to stop hearing about MS having the greatest thing to ever grace gaming.

kitler53

I've only subscribed to PS+ twice.

I don't have much interest in multiplayer.

And I don't have much interest in a game catalog. I tend to be more limited by time than money. I could probably go the next three years without buying a single game, and that is without all the minor steam games that I have for no apparent reason. And I personally prefer owning my content.

I am interested in the PS+ revamp for two reasons:

1.) BC: I'm really interested to see the PS1/PS2/PSP classics. There are some decent PS2 games in particular that I'd like to go back to. And it seems these will be purchasable on their own.

2.) Gamepass competitor: would be nice to stop hearing about MS having the greatest thing to ever grace gaming.
so long as MS does day-1 and Sony doesn't you'll still hear it.  

the "true value" of gamepass is the promise of "free" new games.  doesn't even matter that MS has yet to release anything this year, what matters is a gamepass subscriber doesn't need to spend any money outside if their subscription....

Legend

so long as MS does day-1 and Sony doesn't you'll still hear it.  

the "true value" of gamepass is the promise of "free" new games.  doesn't even matter that MS has yet to release anything this year, what matters is a gamepass subscriber doesn't need to spend any money outside if their subscription....
Sony could make all first party dlc free on ps++.

Then it can just be an endless circle of fanboys shouting about which method is better for them.

kitler53

Sony could make all first party dlc free on ps++.

Then it can just be an endless circle of fanboys shouting about which method is better for them.
I still find all these declarations of value obsurd.  

the best value in video games are free to play games.   they are also some of the biggest and best gaming has to offer.   

....but most importantly MS and Sony are restructuring their releases to be the f2p structure.  what's the fudgy value in $180 subscription to get "free" access to a f2p game!?!    

i'll forgive rocket league for transitioning to f2p later because it was early to the party.  but games like destruction all stars and fall guys were a scam "free release".  horizon motor sports was a scam "free" release with a $60 pre-order. 

the-pi-guy

May 22, 2022, 01:42 PM Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 01:54 PM by the-pi-guy
I still find all these declarations of value obsurd. 

the best value in video games are free to play games.   they are also some of the biggest and best gaming has to offer.   

....but most importantly MS and Sony are restructuring their releases to be the f2p structure.  what's the fudgy value in $180 subscription to get "free" access to a f2p game!?!   

i'll forgive rocket league for transitioning to f2p later because it was early to the party.  but games like destruction all stars and fall guys were a scam "free release".  horizon motor sports was a scam "free" release with a $60 pre-order.
@bold What are you talking about? I'm not aware of Forza being free to play.

And are MS restructuring their releases for F2P?

kitler53

@bold What are you talking about? I'm not aware of Forza being free to play.

And are MS restructuring their releases for F2P?
I'll forgive you for not noticing,..  MS has released so few games these last couple of years. 

...but if you can't see that halo is a casualty of the gamepass business model of giving out games for "free" and then push mtx then I really don't know what to say. 

but sea of thrives and Forza were iced up by gamepass too.

don't get me wrong,..  Sony is getting bad too and publicly declaring they will get worse.   GT is also iced up by mtx.  destruction all stars at $70 was a farse. 

the-pi-guy

I'll forgive you for not noticing,..  MS has released so few games these last couple of years.  
...but if you can't see that halo is a casualty of the gamepass business model of giving out games for "free" and then push mtx then I really don't know what to say.  
but sea of thrives and Forza were iced up by gamepass too.
don't get me wrong,..  Sony is getting bad too and publicly declaring they will get worse.   GT is also iced up by mtx.  destruction all stars at $70 was a farse.  
Halo Infinite is fair.

I'm just not sure why you keep including Forza in this.  It has some individual cars for sale, but primarily you could buy the expansion pack that includes all of it. It's not nickeling and diming people the way that GT7 is.

kitler53

Halo Infinite is fair.

I'm just not sure why you keep including Forza in this.  It has some individual cars for sale, but primarily you could buy the expansion pack that includes all of it. It's not nickeling and diming people the way that GT7 is.

$60 for 4 days of early access.  it's BS.