Super Mario RPG |OT| Formerly Legend of the Seven Stars

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 18, 2023, 01:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

MC betting?

I adore the game, and it looks like some of the issues with the original are fixed; but I still have a hard time believing it'll score 90+. It's a great game, that's fairly on the basic side. It's not ridiculously deep or anything, it's just a fun time.

the-pi-guy

I bought a switch pro controller to have the best experience.

Legend

I used Mario + Rabbids as a score comparison since that's probably the closest modern thing.

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Japanese trailers/ads or something.

So many spoilers.  
I think this is pretty much just the English version:

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Guess who has this game preloaded!  

This Guy Pines GIF - This Guy Pines Gravity Falls GIFs

the-pi-guy

New arrangements

Legend

Guess who has this game preloaded!  

This Guy Pines GIF - This Guy Pines Gravity Falls GIFs
Less than a week to go!

the-pi-guy

It's currently sitting at 85.  

Some of the lower reviews seem kind of bothered that it's not the original visuals.  

The new style is colorful and vibrant, yes, but it also lacks a bit of the personality that was so integral to the original. This is a "faithful" remake, so nothing has been drastically changed, but the limitations of the SNES were so important to the original's visual identity. There was a kind of moodiness and ethereal quality to many of Super Mario RPG's environments, and replacing those with more realistic graphics just doesn't always work as well.

Sounds like they didn't really make the platforming better, which was something I was hoping for. Alas.

kitler53

would be kind of cool if you could toggle between new and legacy visuals but honestly,... that's a pretty petty thing to complain about. 

"i'm mad that this remaster is not a port..."

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

That reviewer justified their opinion in a silly way but I get it. In the original blurry SNES mess you could mentally fill in all the missing details however you wanted and the reviewer remembers the game differently than this.

Does the game have any extra content and gameplay changes, or is it the exact first one with a new coat of paint?

the-pi-guy

Does the game have any extra content and gameplay changes, or is it the exact first one with a new coat of paint?
There are small changes.
Some of them sound good, and some of them don't.  

There are new party attacks and some other damage bonuses, that apparently make the game too easy. The game was already pretty easy; so that's pretty bad.

Item management has been modernized, so that's good.

Some added features like rematch battles, bestiary.  

The platforming segments seems different, which was the biggest issue with the original, but it's still bad I guess.

I think I'll still enjoy playing it, but it sounds like things could have been better.

Legend

I think I'll still enjoy playing it, but it sounds like things could have been better.
No! Don't lose your hype!!!

the-pi-guy

No! Don't lose your hype!!!
I just realized it has the same MC and OC scores as Starfield.  

Dang it's just as good as MS's biggest exclusive this year.  

Barack Obama not bad impressed

Go Up