My INDIEGOGO has launched!

Viewing single post

Started by nnodley, May 06, 2022, 07:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Alright so. I guess my minimum for funding has to be $500. So what i'm thinking is let this campaign lapse without getting over the funding then it will all get refunded.  Then i can reset and attempt to use what i had in this campaign as a starter point and get much better trailers and info for a better second campaign in a couple months.  Since i delayed the game anyway it will be fine.  

Everything with this flip house we have is consuming everything to get it done so i just have no time to do anything else.  Trying to chill a little bit and play some games to unwind from the flip house.
That's rough with your house flip but smart to not burn yourself out.

What is your goal with crowdfunding? Are you needing financing to finish the game, or is it more about marketing and building an early community? Very few games seem to make money on indiegogo and while kickstarter tends to be better, it's super hard to reach your funding goal.

It might be wise to skip funding and focus directly on steam. When a page goes public for the first time the algorithm gives it a big traffic bump. Even without posting anywhere, the launch of a great looking steam page can drive a lot of wishlists. That's partially why it's so important to not publish your steam page until it is 100% ready.

In general though I'd really recommend just doing whatever makes it easiest to finish the game itself. That's hard enough on its own, especially when you can only work on it part time. Financing/marketing is important but spending a lot of time on it can be super demoralizing.