The Anime Thread

Started by darkknightkryta, May 02, 2014, 09:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you go to conventions?

Linked Events

• Anime North: May 25, 2018, 01:11 AM - May 27, 2018, 01:11 AM End Countdown
Go Down

the-pi-guy

I've been watching ridiculous amounts of Naruto. 
About 65 episodes in the past 6 days. 

darkknightkryta

I've been watching ridiculous amounts of Naruto. 
About 65 episodes in the past 6 days. 

Did you start at episode 1?

the-pi-guy

Did you start at episode 1?

Of course I started at 1.

darkknightkryta

Of course I started at 1.

Yeah, Naruto keeps full steam all the way to episode 128.

the-pi-guy

Been averaging 13+ episodes a day. 

darkknightkryta

Been averaging 13+ episodes a day. 

Yeah. I remember when I first started watching.  Caught up to the japanese release in like a week.

darkknightkryta

Anyone watch Tekkaman Blade?  AKA Teknoman.

the-pi-guy

Playing NUNS Revolution
Plying as Pain. 
"His eyes are strange, a type of sharingan?"

Dr. Pezus

Started watching Samurai Champloo
#sogood

darkknightkryta

Playing NUNS Revolution
Plying as Pain. 
"His eyes are strange, a type of sharingan?"

Do you know the answer to that?

darkknightkryta

Started watching Samurai Champloo
#sogood

I gotta get that and Bebop.  Maybe I'll get them at Anime North this year.

the-pi-guy

Do you know the answer to that?

Spoiler for Hidden:
while yes, the sharing an was derived from the Rinnegan.&nbsp; <br />It sounds really naïve.&nbsp; <br />Like why on earth would someone make that conclusion.&nbsp; <br />There are dojutsu like byakugan that aren't considered sharingan.&nbsp; <br />Huge fail on the game writer's part, IMO.&nbsp; <br />

darkknightkryta

Spoiler for Hidden:
while yes, the sharing an was derived from the Rinnegan. 
It sounds really naïve. 
Like why on earth would someone make that conclusion. 
There are dojutsu like byakugan that aren't considered sharingan. 
Huge fail on the game writer's part, IMO. 

You mentioned you were watching Naruto, so I was sure if you caught up/read manga or not so I wasn't sure if you knew.  Though, I'm still missing a lot of context here as to why mentioning the rinnegan as a form of sharingan is a problem?  Like, who's saying that?  Is it Pain himself?  Or is it someone else who's fighting him?

the-pi-guy

You mentioned you were watching Naruto, so I was sure if you caught up/read manga or not so I wasn't sure if you knew.  Though, I'm still missing a lot of context here as to why mentioning the rinnegan as a form of sharingan is a problem?  Like, who's saying that?  Is it Pain himself?  Or is it someone else who's fighting him?

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br />Hidan meets Pain in the game.&nbsp; Hidan makes the &quot;observation.&quot;&nbsp; <br />It's a problem, because there's no reason to make that assumption if you don't know what his jutsu is.&nbsp; <br /><br />It's fine if he says I wonder what dojutsu he uses. <br />This would be the same as, if you didn't know what a shovel was, then me handing you a shovel, you should be able to deduce that it's a tool.&nbsp; <br /><br />The problem is, is that he goes and makes an unbounded leap to a conclusion that he can't make, and one that does and doesn't make sense anyway. <br />Yes, it's related to the sharingan the same way the byakugan is, but to me it doesn't make a lot of sense to assume it's a form of sharingan.&nbsp; Maybe it's related to the byakugan?&nbsp; Maybe it's related to something &quot;Hidan&quot; doesn't know about.&nbsp; Doesn't make a lot of sense to jump to one conclusion, particularly when from first glance it's a big leap to make.&nbsp; <br />Majority of the characters don't know as much about the dojutsu as the viewer is another thing to consider.&nbsp; <br />

darkknightkryta

Spoiler for Hidden:

Hidan meets Pain in the game.  Hidan makes the "observation." 
It's a problem, because there's no reason to make that assumption if you don't know what his jutsu is. 

It's fine if he says I wonder what dojutsu he uses.
This would be the same as, if you didn't know what a shovel was, then me handing you a shovel, you should be able to deduce that it's a tool. 

The problem is, is that he goes and makes an unbounded leap to a conclusion that he can't make, and one that does and doesn't make sense anyway.
Yes, it's related to the sharingan the same way the byakugan is, but to me it doesn't make a lot of sense to assume it's a form of sharingan.  Maybe it's related to the byakugan?  Maybe it's related to something "Hidan" doesn't know about.  Doesn't make a lot of sense to jump to one conclusion, particularly when from first glance it's a big leap to make. 
Majority of the characters don't know as much about the dojutsu as the viewer is another thing to consider. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the manga writers made that "observation" when they took over and wrote non-sense to make them connect in the first place ;o

Go Up