Paragon enters open beta on August 16th

Started by Raven, Jun 10, 2016, 03:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

Paragon Enters Open Beta In August, Big Changes Coming - Paragon - PlayStation 4 - www.GameInformer.com

Big changes incoming. Sprint removed so characters with high movement feel more special. Passive abilities rolled into actives and basic attacks level with you instead of having to spend a level point to rank them up. The ability to see who the opposing team is picking so you can plan ahead. Minions are stronger but fewer in number and spawn less frequently. Inhibitor towers will no longer respawn but the enemy minions that spawn in the lane without an inhibitor won't be as scary as they currently are. Kill credit is now awarded based on amount of participation in the kill instead of reaping full benefit just for scratching them.

Also, a new hero is coming on June 21st and he is a new kind of hero called a "duelist". Current hero types are tank, fighter, assassin, ranger, caster, and support. Though sometimes caster and support are treated as the same.

DerNebel

I don't understand the release schedule of this game.

What is this?

Amazon.com: Paragon - Essentials Edition - PlayStation 4: Video Games

Legend

What is this?

Yeah isn't it out already?

kitler53

What is this?

me either.  for a free-to-play game there  certainly are a ton of options to buy this game.  it's very confusing.  I get having a purchasable early access options but we're up to like 10 of those options.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Raven

I'll explain.

Early Access Alpha started months ago for $20. The Essentials Edition you can buy now gets you cosmetic items and currency for cards and gets you access to the Closed Beta for $60. If you don't want to pay, you can wait until the Open Beta in August. Which is more or less the game's release date since F2P games have little way of differentiating between open beta and launch.

Basically, whatever you pay for NOW is just to get in-game items and early access ahead of the game's open beta.

kitler53

well i'll try the game when it is actually free.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

DD_Bwest

woah those are some big changes.  i dont like not having sprint tho. itll take forever to get back into combat

Raven

woah those are some big changes.  i dont like not having sprint tho. itll take forever to get back into combat
Yeah but it affects everyone. So everyone will be paced. It means having fast characters will have advantages in map control.

DD_Bwest

Yeah but it affects everyone. So everyone will be paced. It means having fast characters will have advantages in map control.
yea i get that, but ill still find it frustrating with how long itll take to get back into things.   i think they should keep it for just when you spawn,  so you cant just jump into sprint while your close to battle

Raven

DD_Bwest

Raven

DD_Bwest