Forum News!

Started by the-pi-guy, May 29, 2020, 09:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

News about everyone's favorite VizionEcker!  

Okay maybe not.  But still news about a VizionEcker.  

In the fall of 2014, I was set to start at a 4 year University.  But due to cost I started at a community college instead.  No regrets.

Spoiler for Hidden:
A few regrets.<br>

I started with a CS major. And pretty early on, my advisor told me that I was going to fulfill my classes pretty quickly. Due to AP credit, I was basically going into college with all my math courses complete.  So he suggested taking math as an elective.  2 years later, I graduated with an associate's in both Math and Computer Science.  During my last semester I took a physics course for the first time in a couple years and thought about making a change when I started University for my bachelor's.

I wanted to take more physics courses but I already had a full plate.  I still had a few extra gen eds beyond the associates.  And I was set on doing two majors.  After some scheduling, I found that I could take all the classes I wanted and actually get a third major if I were to take another year.  A terrible idea money and time wise, but I was in it to learn.  

Unfortunately things didn't go as smoothly as I hoped.  Some classes took place at the same time, so I bargained with several teachers to allow me to learn the material and take the tests outside of class.  

And worse yet, I didn't have anyone to supervise my final CS project, so it ended up getting delayed about a year.  

So finally, this next week, 4 years after starting at the University I will be graduating with a Math, Computer Science, Physics Bachelor's degree
.  A year later than planned.  

In retrospect, there were a bunch of things that I would have changed.  If I were to start over today, I probably would have skipped a few math and physics classes and taken more Japanese courses.  

Alas.  

Legend

I know it's not you're birthday, but this is the image that's used for all the big forum milestones!!!

Congrats on graduating!

the-pi-guy

Grades were due a week later than I thought. 

Just got them in. 

Got a B+ mostly because my rushed presentation hurt my grade. Better than I expected. Was worried the project portion would hurt me since I didn't coordinate with my supervisor.