Jeff Grubb, Jason Schreier Reporting PS5 Games Reveal Event is June 3rd

Started by Xevross, May 27, 2020, 02:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Jason Schreier reporting - Sony is planning a PlayStation 5 game reveal event for next Wednesday, June 3 | ResetEra

Sony Is Planning a PS5 Conference for as Early as Next Week

The virtual event could be held June 3, though some people also cautioned that plans have been in flux and that the date may change. Other PlayStation 5 events may follow in the coming weeks and months, and Sony is not expected to reveal every essential detail on the console during its first presentation.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
The Japanese tech giant has only let out a trickle of information on the PlayStation 5, which the company says is still planned for release this holiday season, despite the Covid-19 pandemic that has damped its promotional plans. Fans have been eager to hear about the lineup of video games that will launch alongside the console and those that will be revealed later.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
twitter.com   Jason Schreier on Twitter "Scoop with @6d6f636869 - Sony is planning a PlayStation 5 game reveal event for next Wednesday, June 3. Gotta include the now-standard caveat that plans can change abruptly during a pandemic, but this date is more firm than previous rumors https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-27/sony-is-said-to-plan-ps5-conference-for-as-early-as-next-week?srnd=technology-vp"   twitter.com twitter.com      
Not E3: Sony's PlayStation 5 event is happening June 3 | VentureBeat

Both of these happened at about the same time, Schreier citing own sources and Grubb came out first. Looks pretty concrete.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Sounds great!
Beaten.  :(
Haha I thought they were different events at first. Like two insiders battling it out with predictions.

Xevross

Lol its been a while since we had two threads made at once on here! Pretty excited for this, perhaps it gets announced at the TLOU state of play today.

Legend

Lol its been a while since we had two threads made at once on here! Pretty excited for this, perhaps it gets announced at the TLOU state of play today.
That would be stupid imo since it'd remove a lot of the last of us hype, but I could see that happening haha. Or maybe it'll be like AC where the announcement is just randomly done a bit later.

the-pi-guy

Grubbs had the 4th for a while.  
Then last week he said the date had changed.  

I guess one benefit/drawback of a digital event is how easy the date can be changed.  

They specified no ps5 news.  
It very much sounded like it was just going to be The Last of Us 2.  

Xevross

Yeah it wouldn't make sense for them to announce it during state of play, on the other hand if they linked it with something like TLOU2 will be available with BC and boost mode from day 1 on PS5 then that could be pretty cool.

Still, I expect this to be announced thursday-monday with a random tweet.

Xevross

Not E3: Sony's PlayStation 5 event is happening June 3 | VentureBeat

new article added to OP

While the June 3 reveal should provide the best look yet at the PS5, don't expect Sony to give every detail about its next-gen system. The company could withhold price and release timing for another date. The price for the PS5 is still especially subject to fluctuations. Sony wants to launch at a competitive price tag, but it also doesn't want to take a loss on hardware.

Sony also doesn't need to go to deep on any games it may show on June 3. The company is planning followup events. This includes a State of Play that will focus on both next- and current-gen games. That State of Play has a tentative schedule of early August. Again, this could shift drastically depending on a number of factors.

So then what will Sony show off next week? Expect it to focus on what is possible in next-gen games with the PlayStation 5. The company seems aware of the backlash that Microsoft faced for its first Xbox 20/20 event. Fans were unhappy with the lack of gameplay at that presentation. In response, Sony wants to rely on PS5 games that are actually running on real hardware.

Xevross

So no announcement at SOP as expected then.

the-pi-guy

May 27, 2020, 06:53 PM Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 06:57 PM by the-pi-guy
Sony wants to rely on PS5 games that are actually running on real hardware.
Alas we still won't see VizionEck running in real time. 

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Bloomberg writer says to expect the console being shown soon, which means it's probably likely to show here.

Legend

Bloomberg writer says to expect the console being shown soon, which means it's probably likely to show here.
I wonder who this bloomberg source is. They've been great with PS5 news.

DerNebel

I wonder who this bloomberg source is. They've been great with PS5 news.
I have to come clean, it's me. I'm the source.

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens