PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

Tretton... no

Shu is the boss of first party studios. If there was a serious problem, he'd be the one having to answer for it. Jack was president of scea and dealt with marketing, third parties, localization, and everything for the region.
I find it odd that Jack "left" after Amy and Stig "left".  

Legend

But just look at how good the PS4 was doing in America! Even if Jack personally ordered SSM and ND to be shut down, why would he get the boot?

the-pi-guy

But just look at how good the PS4 was doing in America! Even if Jack personally ordered SSM and ND to be shut down, why would he get the boot?
Because he clearly went insane.  :P

Coincidences are always found where coincidences are looked for.  

Dr. Pezus

What if Tretton had left first and then Amy and Stig? Would that be odd?

darkknightkryta

What if Tretton had left first and then Amy and Stig? Would that be odd?
Nope :P.  It's just how the news played out.  It's a little too convenient that shame went down at Naughty Dog while Santa Monica had a large project canned.  Tretton was ultimately in charge of budgets and probably lost a lot of money.  But who knows.

Legend

Nope :P.  It's just how the news played out.  It's a little too convenient that shame went down at Naughty Dog while Santa Monica had a large project canned.  Tretton was ultimately in charge of budgets and probably lost a lot of money.  But who knows.
From what I know, Tretton was not in charge of either studio. Worldwide studioes was founded in like 2005 and all first party games go through that, not scea or scee or scej.

darkknightkryta

From what I know, Tretton was not in charge of either studio. Worldwide studioes was founded in like 2005 and all first party games go through that, not scea or scee or scej.
That doesn't sound right.  SCEJ, SCEA, and SCEE are somewhat autonomous.  I mean, it was SCEJ that made deals for Bloodborne and probably the rest of the games coming from Japan.  It's SCEJ working on PSP and Vita titles, for instance.  Shu probably has a large say etc, but budgets and what games they want to invest in are probably done on a local level.  It was SCEA letting Stig burn through money, Shu probably decided enough was enough.

Legend

That doesn't sound right.  SCEJ, SCEA, and SCEE are somewhat autonomous.  I mean, it was SCEJ that made deals for Bloodborne and probably the rest of the games coming from Japan.  It's SCEJ working on PSP and Vita titles, for instance.  Shu probably has a large say etc, but budgets and what games they want to invest in are probably done on a local level.  It was SCEA letting Stig burn through money, Shu probably decided enough was enough.
Just going off Wikipedia info, WWS is its own subsidiary of SCE and all of the first party studios are run through it. Plus whenever a game is shown, it says "Sony Computer Entertainment Presents" instead of "Sony Computer Entertainment America/Europe/Japan Presents" like they did in the pre WWS days.

darkknightkryta

Just going off Wikipedia info, WWS is its own subsidiary of SCE and all of the first party studios are run through it. Plus whenever a game is shown, it says "Sony Computer Entertainment Presents" instead of "Sony Computer Entertainment America/Europe/Japan Presents" like they did in the pre WWS days.
Didn't Bloodborne say SCEJ instead?

Legend

BananaKing

Who knows,  maybe Niel kept Uncharted 2's story together. Uncharted 3 literally makes no sense. Maybe this was happening to 4 and the higher up at Sony caught it early. Most likely what happened here is part of the reason Tretton got sacked.

what does tretton have to do with anything? and last time i checked tretton left, he didnt get sacked. again you are making assumptions based on nothing really.

and i have to disagree, UC3's story, while it had some issues, was still pretty good.

at the end of the day Amy was in charge for UC1, UC2 and UC3. its no secret that games made at ND are very much a collaborative effort. and that every one in the team effects the game and helps make it. but its not fair to discredit amy when she was in charge of making one of the most influential gaming franchises of all time.  

the-pi-guy

Man, he stepped down a while ago.  :o
Didn't realize it's been that long.  

darkknightkryta

what does tretton have to do with anything? and last time i checked tretton left, he didnt get sacked. again you are making assumptions based on nothing really.

and i have to disagree, UC3's story, while it had some issues, was still pretty good.

at the end of the day Amy was in charge for UC1, UC2 and UC3. its no secret that games made at ND are very much a collaborative effort. and that every one in the team effects the game and helps make it. but its not fair to discredit amy when she was in charge of making one of the most influential gaming franchises of all time.  
shame went down at around Naughty Dog and Santa Monica around the time he left.  My assumptions aren't based on nothing.  Plus Kuturagi stepped down, doesn't mean he wasn't pressured to leave.  Uncharted 3's story wasn't good.  It literally explained nothing.  I still have no idea what that old lady was after.  Nor do the explain what made the water at psychedelic or how it would be used.  It was poor writing on Amy's end as she was almost solely in charge of 3's story vs the first two which Neil helped write.  Will I discredit anything she did/does?  Hells no she help make Soul Reaver.  But that's not to say something wasn't a miss with Uncharted 3, or if anything was going wrong with Uncharted 4 (Which I suspect there was).  Whether it falls on her or not, we'll probably never know.  Nor will we probably ever find out why she really left.

Legend

shame went down at around Naughty Dog and Santa Monica around the time he left.  My assumptions aren't based on nothing.  Plus Kuturagi stepped down, doesn't mean he wasn't pressured to leave.  Uncharted 3's story wasn't good.  It literally explained nothing.  I still have no idea what that old lady was after.  Nor do the explain what made the water at psychedelic or how it would be used.  It was poor writing on Amy's end as she was almost solely in charge of 3's story vs the first two which Neil helped write.  Will I discredit anything she did/does?  Hells no she help make Soul Reaver.  But that's not to say something wasn't a miss with Uncharted 3, or if anything was going wrong with Uncharted 4 (Which I suspect there was).  Whether it falls on her or not, we'll probably never know.  Nor will we probably ever find out why she really left.
U3's story was weird, but man did they have some great high notes! The scene with Nate at Elena's room was so great at expressing emotion. Took tlou to do even better. Plus the set pieces were sweet! The plane omg!!! By far the greatest action scene in any game ever. Cruise scene was amazing too!

But back to the story, yeah :(
The urn was what made the water sour. Everyone was getting poisoned from it. Margo and Talbot made no flipping sense though, plus cutler was just written out half way through. I also really disliked that it lacked supernatural things. Uncharted 1 had zombies that ended up being not zombies but still mythical. Uncharted 2 had yetis that ended up being not yetis but still magical. While uncharted 3 had fire demons that ended up as just hallucinations. Bummer.  

Cute Pikachu

Anyone want to friend me on ps3 and play some uc3 multiplayer?
I feel like it right now so yeah :P
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Go Up