PlayStation Community Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

darkknightkryta

what does tretton have to do with anything? and last time i checked tretton left, he didnt get sacked. again you are making assumptions based on nothing really.

and i have to disagree, UC3's story, while it had some issues, was still pretty good.

at the end of the day Amy was in charge for UC1, UC2 and UC3. its no secret that games made at ND are very much a collaborative effort. and that every one in the team effects the game and helps make it. but its not fair to discredit amy when she was in charge of making one of the most influential gaming franchises of all time.  
shame went down at around Naughty Dog and Santa Monica around the time he left.  My assumptions aren't based on nothing.  Plus Kuturagi stepped down, doesn't mean he wasn't pressured to leave.  Uncharted 3's story wasn't good.  It literally explained nothing.  I still have no idea what that old lady was after.  Nor do the explain what made the water at psychedelic or how it would be used.  It was poor writing on Amy's end as she was almost solely in charge of 3's story vs the first two which Neil helped write.  Will I discredit anything she did/does?  Hells no she help make Soul Reaver.  But that's not to say something wasn't a miss with Uncharted 3, or if anything was going wrong with Uncharted 4 (Which I suspect there was).  Whether it falls on her or not, we'll probably never know.  Nor will we probably ever find out why she really left.