Jason Schreier: The Last of Us 2 delayed indefinitely

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 02, 2020, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

DerNebel

Understandable, but god I fudgy hate this year.

Legend

It wasn't set to release till May 29. Hopefully this is just a short delay caused by Sony not wanting to take chances with their biggest title, but it's probably a cannery in the coal mine for what's to come.

nnodley

Such a freaking bummer.  Understandable though

Dr. Pezus

Can 2020 get any worse?

Yes, yes it can

kitler53

kind of sounds like a dumb decision to me.   there is a real hunger for games right now.  yeah the physical sales will be down but i'll bet it would be more than made up for in digital sales.

but whatever,.. their decision.

so is ghost of tsushima delayed too?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Apr 03, 2020, 12:07 AM Last Edit: Apr 03, 2020, 01:04 AM by the-pi-guy
but whatever,.. their decision.

so is ghost of tsushima delayed too?
Not yet.

the-pi-guy

Sony has been especially cautious with all of this.  

NA/EU PlayStation Employees will continue to work from home until at least April 30th, workers paid regardless if they can do remote work or not. | ResetEra

Didn't see a thread on this but good news.

And in another tweet says as far as he knows it extends to the WWS teams as well.  
[/size]

Xevross

Argh, it sucks but understandable. Schreier saying everyone is going to be delaying games imminently, seems like production, distribution and sale of physical copies would be way down for games releasing now. FF7 is making it just in time for production but with most stores closed sales could be a lot lower than expected.

the-pi-guy

Argh, it sucks but understandable. Schreier saying everyone is going to be delaying games imminently, seems like production, distribution and sale of physical copies would be way down for games releasing now. FF7 is making it just in time for production but with most stores closed sales could be a lot lower than expected.
Even they felt necessary to put out a statement:

Xevross

Well looks like its gonna be backlog year. I just bought Ori 1 on steam for £3.74 on sale and Doom 2016 for £6.49 on sale on PS4. I'll get to playing those at some point and then buy their sequels if I like them enough.

nnodley

i'm hoping though that out of all of this that the game industry as a whole starts bringing on more remote employees.  Like if i could work at ND as a remote employee that would be so dope.  I'm just not really looking to move so i'd like these opportunities to start arising.

Dr. Pezus

Really considering Switch rn lol but it's a bit expensive here