previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Aug 27, 2021, 01:13 AM Last Edit: Sep 13, 2021, 12:07 PM by the-pi-guy

Release Date :September 14, 2021

Platforms : PlayStation 5

Developer : Arkane Studios

Publisher : Bethesda Softworks

the-pi-guy

Same rules as the GOW thread. Give a high, medium, and low prediction.

IE you expect it to get a 95 so you set that as your middle. Then you set 97 as your high because you don't think the game has a good chance of scoring above that. Then you set 88 as your low because you don't expect the game to score lower than that.

RESULTS WILL NOW BE SCORED SO THAT AN OVERALL WINNER CAN BE DETERMINED AT THE END OF THE YEAR. IF YOU HAVE THE CLOSEST PREDICTION, YOU EARN POINTS: SCORE +=100-(high prediction-low prediction)*2. IF THE FINAL MC FALLS OUTSIDE YOUR HIGH AND LOW PREDICTIONS, YOU LOSE POINTS: SCORE -=50.

Review embargo ends when the countdown ends. Feel free to post predictions and edit them up till that time.

100:
99:

Legend

the-pi-guy

Honestly I made this thread to post this tweet.  ;D

Legend

I'm really intrigued and hope it's amazing. The one thing I worry is that the time loop will fall apart and just have a traditional ending. If your goal is to kill everyone in one loop, then the entire rest of the game is to just discover where/when to kill them. It's just recon.

Maybe there will be many ways to end the loop.

kitler53

game looks terrible to me for basically legends point.  progress is going to feel very slow.  rehashing the same bits over and over will be a drag.  fun for the first loop.  through down the controller before finishing the game,.. or just cheat. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

BananaKing

the-pi-guy

A lot of pessimism in this thread.

Legend

kitler53

A lot of pessimism in this thread.
i just really think the game looks bad.  

it's like expecting me to buy the next killzone (a franchise i love) but the campaign only has 1 level that insta-kills you at the 10 minute mark so that you need to play that 1 level over and over and over and over again until you perfect all the encounters so you can beat the level within the 10 minute limit.

fudge that.  

i've played a few other games that had that structure.   i hate them.    replaying the first 10 minutes of the game over and over and over and over again to figure out the effect of the choices made at the 10 minute mark is a fudgy chore.

Legend

I'll prob edit closer to release

Both Dishonoreds got 88. I think something around there is a safe bet. On one hand it has less of a story focus so that could hurt it, but Prey got a 79 so critics will just be random.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

kind of suprised they did any of that haptic stuff now that they are owned by MS.   wouldn't think they'd want to do anything to make the ps version better than the eventual xb version.