Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

That was a good looking trailer. I really like scifi so this has me hyped. I haven't seen the original or read the book

Legend

so i feel like i should say this first; i've never seen or read dune.   i know nothing about the story.  

...that was a pretty awesome looking trailer.
That was a good looking trailer. I really like scifi so this has me hyped. I haven't seen the original or read the book
Hmm how do so many people not know Dune?

I watched it last year plebs.

kitler53

i "know" dune i just haven't watched it.   just like i "know" about baby yoda or thanos even though i haven't watched the show/movie. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

i "know" dune i just haven't watched it.   just like i "know" about baby yoda or thanos even though i haven't watched the show/movie.
Just making a joke that I would have been in the same boat if I didn't randomly watch it a year or two ago.

You always hear people talking about the spice but the original movie was something else. Didn't expect it to be so bad.

Speaking of my taste in movies, a big budget remake of Flash Gordan would be awesome.  ;D

Dr. Pezus

Well I know of it

the-pi-guy

Watched Soul on the airplane.

Was a good movie, feels like it is missing something though.

Also felt like some weird combination of a few other movies like Coco, maybe Inside Out, can't place it.

kitler53

Watched Soul on the airplane.

Was a good movie, feels like it is missing something though.

Also felt like some weird combination of a few other movies like Coco, maybe Inside Out, can't place it.
i thought the same thing.  felt like a soft sequel to inside out to me.  not really a direct sequel but a big recycling of some core concepts. made it feel derivative especially  because  the ideas were poorly executed. 

the-pi-guy

Watched Raya.

Was very good. I think it could have been better if it was a little longer.  

Definitely thought it was better than Soul.  

kitler53

Watched Raya.

Was very good. I think it could have been better if it was a little longer.  

Definitely thought it was better than Soul.  
i thought the length was good.   not sure what one would add,.. i can't think of anything right now that felt rushed.   maybe a "growing up montage"?   

sooooooo much better than soul.

Dr. Pezus

Raya was very good. I thought Soul was too

BananaKing

Just watched mortal Kombat. Fun movie, definitely liked it.

Story was... surprisingly okay? I mean for someone who doesn't know much about MK they will be like wtf are they talking about. But, I know enough about it to think the story wasn't bad.

Fight scenes were good, could have been better, though i understand they had a limited budget.

Finishers were underwhelming, they should have been a lot better considering the ones you see in the games

I wouldnt watch it again really, but I definitely want a sequel

kitler53

https://www.wsj.com/articles/scarlett-johansson-sues-disney-over-black-widow-streaming-release-11627579278

Scarlett Johansson, star of the latest Marvel movie "Black Widow," filed a lawsuit Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court against Disney, DIS -0.42% alleging her contract was breached when the media giant released the film on its Disney DIS -0.42% + streaming service at the same time as its theatrical debut.

According to the complaint, Ms. Johansson's representatives sought to renegotiate her contract after learning of the dual-release strategy for "Black Widow," which she has said is her ninth and last Marvel movie. Disney and Marvel were unresponsive, the suit said.

The decision to put the movie on Disney+ is projected to cost Ms. Johansson more than $50 million, a person familiar with details of her contract claimed.

Legend

https://www.wsj.com/articles/scarlett-johansson-sues-disney-over-black-widow-streaming-release-11627579278

It seems really weird that Disney/Marvel wouldn't respond. Seems like a straightforward lawsuit, even though dear gosh big actors are overpaid. Surely that $50 million loss is miscalculated in some way.

BananaKing

It seems really weird that Disney/Marvel wouldn't respond. Seems like a straightforward lawsuit, even though dear gosh big actors are overpaid. Surely that $50 million loss is miscalculated in some way.
Overpaid or not. This is the reality if the situation. And she is entitled to the money the dual release strategy cost her. Whether its 50 million or not I dont know.

I doubt she would have filed this lawsuit in the case she was still doing movies as black widow.

Legend

Overpaid or not. This is the reality if the situation. And she is entitled to the money the dual release strategy cost her. Whether its 50 million or not I dont know.

I doubt she would have filed this lawsuit in the case she was still doing movies as black widow.
Yeah Disney is obviously in the wrong here with the current info.

I think she still would have imo. Lawsuits can sometimes be quick and painless and contract disputes are common in hollywood.

Go Up