PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

DerNebel

Xevross

Lol at some of that comments in that chain. Apparently Sony "perfectly know" that God of War is 2022 and they just lied to sell more PS5s. Gosh there's so many people with inside info nowadays!

DerNebel

Sep 20, 2020, 03:45 PM Last Edit: Sep 20, 2020, 04:21 PM by DerNebel
Lol at some of that comments in that chain. Apparently Sony "perfectly know" that God of War is 2022 and they just lied to sell more PS5s. Gosh there's so many people with inside info nowadays!
Yeah, apparently everybody has totally figured Sony's marketing plan out, even though literally nobody would have guessed that they'd market/announce things for the PS5 the way they have up to this point.

We really need to stop pretending like we have these companies figured out, we haven't.

the-pi-guy

Popular youtube channel creators will get to play ps5 for the first time.

Legend

People think Bluepoint are also remaking metal gear solid. Maybe it's true.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bluepoint-games-tweet-from-last-halloween-seems-to-lend-credence-to-the-metal-gear-solid-remake-rumors.293432/[/iurl]

the-pi-guy

Sep 23, 2020, 08:17 PM Last Edit: Sep 23, 2020, 08:19 PM by the-pi-guy

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bluepoint-games-tweet-from-last-halloween-seems-to-lend-credence-to-the-metal-gear-solid-remake-rumors.293432/[/iurl]

Yeah but that tweet teases like 8 games.  

It would actually be crazy if they had another game.

I'm blown away by what they're pulling off with DS with how small of a studio they are.  

If they have another game that is anywhere in production, that is crazy good.

Dr. Pezus

Twisted metal is there. No gear

Xevross

Sep 24, 2020, 12:55 PM Last Edit: Sep 24, 2020, 12:59 PM by Xevross
I was just thinking about my anticipation for PS5 and why I don't really feel excited. A big one is that we have barely even seen the console yet. I remember for PS4 I was most excited for the new features rather than the games; the share button, share play, proper party chat, rest mode with game resume, modular installing of games, the new much improved UI and more. Apart from knowing PS5 will be much faster with load times we don't really know anything and we've not even been shown any load time improvement or faster speeds in action, there's nothing to be excited for yet.

Also I was thinking about the games, I wasn't really excited about PS4 launch games so surely this time should be much better with an amazing 5 first party games and more next gen exclusives, but there's a problem with each of them:

- Astro is gonna be cool and fun but its not exciting graphically and its basically a pre-installed demo game so hard to get too excited
- Spidey MM is the game I'm most excited for, it looks so fun to play and its gonna be awesome. But its not full scope and its also on PS4, meaning I don't need a new PS5 to play it, so its not really a reason to be excited for PS5
- Sackboy, from the same guys who made LBP3 which was a pretty meh game so hard to be excited for this one. Also it looks like a PS4 game and is on PS4.
- Demon's Souls I am so excited for, it looks incredible. Yet I don't have it pre-ordered and my hype isn't building because its a complete rip off if I want to buy it now and I'm scared I will have to pay £70 for it and other games.
- Destruction All-Stars similar thing except it didn't even look like an old full price game never mind the new ridiculous full price, it needs to drop in price and I need to see much more of the game
- Godfall, again this looks like a great launch game that'd normally I'd be pumped for, but at £70... no thanks.

And there's no other games we know are coming at launch that I really care about and pretty much everything else will be cross gen. Its safe to say the price hike killed a lot of my excitement, without it I would be much more hyped right now. I'll still get excited once they finally show off the UI and all the features though (hopefully).

Xevross

Also we thought the showcase would be the end of silent sony but its now been over a week of nothing except negative news about spidey remastered.

Xevross

New round of PS5 stock up for pre-order tomorrow morning it seems.

kitler53

first year sales curve:
|  xx        5
|        xxxx  5
|                 x5  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-------------------------------------------------

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Seems like it is global. GAME and amazon at least in the UK have a restock.

This'll be great to track on amazon to see how big the restock is.

the-pi-guy

Second, one of the important energy efficient features of PS5 will be its ability to suspend and resume game play at just 0.5 W. When enabled this will be around 72% less than for PS4
PlayStation's One Year Update on "Playing for the Planet" - SIE Blog - English

Legend

Is that just because the ram doesn't need to be powered on?

the-pi-guy

Every Souls game will be playable on PS5.  :-*

Go Up