Watch Dogs Hype Thread!

Started by nnodley, May 03, 2014, 12:45 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

nnodley

Awesome the wait is almost over!!  Hope a lot of the reviews are good even though I don't really care for reviews.

Legend

I don't normally pay attention to review scores, but I am excited for this game so its nice to hear its getting a good review

Review scores really affect my hype for a game. Low scores bum me out.

Raven

Review scores really affect my hype for a game. Low scores bum me out.

Anything at 90 or higher tells me the game is top notch. Between 90 and 80 tells me the game is still a great experience but with definite flaws. Obviously the closer to 90 it is the less it matters. Anything below an 80 really makes me question the game. If it's below a 70 it pretty much tells me the critics collectively thought it was garbage. I may not necessarily agree but I generally feel the same way about a game that the critics did overall.

Legend

Anything at 90 or higher tells me the game is top notch. Between 90 and 80 tells me the game is still a great experience but with definite flaws. Obviously the closer to 90 it is the less it matters. Anything below an 80 really makes me question the game. If it's below a 70 it pretty much tells me the critics collectively thought it was garbage. I may not necessarily agree but I generally feel the same way about a game that the critics did overall.

Review scores are changing. A score of 70- used to mean garbage, but now even 50 can be described as a collective "meh." Check out Ryse and Knack. They aren't critical darlings, but most reviews didn't label them as garbage.

7H3

Well I've played games that got 90+ scores and were utter trash, and played games that were scored around 60+ or 70+ that I enjoyed immensely. I just don't trust reviews for scores at all... I read them mostly to get a jist of different aspects of a game more than anything else.
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Raven

Raven

Raven

Dr. Pezus

feature=youtu.be

4k, babies! Pretty great image quality if you select it even though you don't have a 4K screen

Dr. Pezus

Raven

Epic quality gif: http://www.gfycat.com/OddballUnlawfulHawk

Saw this a little while ago. "Interior simulation" they called it. Fantastic. That's something that bothers me about open-world games. Unless the building is something you're meant to get inside the game has little to no interior modeling for it.

Riderz1337

Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

So when are the reviews going up?

Any predictions for Meta?

I'm going to say 83

DD_Bwest

Lol why does he do that with his hand?

looks like a cop car, and i can see legs under it from the other sides, i think a cop might be shooting him, or trying to atleast lol

my meta predict is 86

Go Up