TV Show Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

nnodley

I'm still in season 1 of the expanse the TV series, and finished the first two books. The series did do some stuff that were cool and interesting, but generally the books are better. Specially when it comes to miller's story line and character. They botched his sense of morality.
I personally think season 2 is leagues better than season 1.  i'll have to read the books soon.

Legend

I personally think season 2 is leagues better than season 1.  i'll have to read the books soon.
Eh maybe it's just because I went into season 2 with higher expectations, but I prefered 1.

2 was good and lots of great scenes but overall less good.

Dr. Pezus

Eh maybe it's just because I went into season 2 with higher expectations, but I prefered 1.

2 was good and lots of great scenes but overall less good.
I watched them back to back and thought s2 was way better

Xevross

Oh myyyyyyyyy I'm so ready for this season. Trailer is amazing.

Dr. Pezus

Oh myyyyyyyyy I'm so ready for this season. Trailer is amazing.
Indeed. Still wondering if it can be as intriguing as the first though

Legend

Indeed. Still wondering if it can be as intriguing as the first though
Yeah that'll be hard. So much of the world is already explained. If they need to have new twists and surprises, it could turn into a LOST clone.

Xevross

Yeah that'll be hard. So much of the world is already explained. If they need to have new twists and surprises, it could turn into a LOST clone.
I'm worried about it for sure. Its going to be completely different, but in truth we know nothing about the wider world that this is set in, so there's still lots of surprises possible.

I'm just going in with an open mind, not expecting/ hoping they'll go one way with it.

the-pi-guy

Has anyone seen A series of unfortunate events?

Dr. Pezus

Has anyone seen A series of unfortunate events?
Yes

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

nnodley

gonna start season 2 tonight.  Loved season 1.  Loved the books as a kid.

Legend

Silicon Valley seems to be back.

Dr. Pezus

Silicon Valley seems to be back.
Yup. Love that show.

Spoiler for Hidden:
this guy fudges

It just came out.
Gonna watch it soon then.

I enjoyed season 1 but got bored a bit at times. Seemed to be aimed more at a younger audience

Go Up