The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

nnodley

Actually really like Anthem. Flight is awesome, but over heating is annoying. Gunplay feels really satisfying. Controls overall are pretty smooth. Can't wait to hit level 12 to unlock a new javelin.

nnodley

AND back to infinite load screen.  Freaking insane!  Tried it 3 more times.  I get into the hub easy, but launching a mission doesn't work.  11 hours this "demo" has been up and a lot of people have not even been lucky enough to play a mission.  This has to be the worst beta/demo launch ever?

BananaKing

AND back to infinite load screen.  Freaking insane!  Tried it 3 more times.  I get into the hub easy, but launching a mission doesn't work.  11 hours this "demo" has been up and a lot of people have not even been lucky enough to play a mission.  This has to be the worst beta/demo launch ever?
Is this an open beta?

the-pi-guy

Is this an open beta?
Open beta starts next week.  
But they aren't calling it a "beta".  Just a demo.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah and you had to pre-order to get this demo (or have a friend who did)

Xevross

Yeah and you had to pre-order to get this demo (or have a friend who did)
This is the worst part. They knew their pre-order numbers and surely they knew their server capability. How could they not see this coming?

Xevross

Anthem still isn't working for me. Jesus christ. They better extend the demo after this shame show.

nnodley

Anthem still isn't working for me. Jesus christ. They better extend the demo after this shame show.
Yeah they better just extend it through the week to make sure they are getting this working before the open beta.  Gonna be a lot more wanting to try it out and it's going to be a disaster if it's not fixed by then.

I at least got to play a couple missions.  I like it a lot, but this feels like a story that should have been singleplayer only.  I always felt the same way about destiny.  They put too much focus on the fully online world that the story missions are barebones but have just enough content to want to move forward, at least for me.   Not to mention if you don't get to the next area of the mission fast enough it goes to a loading screen and automatically puts you where you need to be.

what's funny is they already claimed on twitter that the problems on PC and PS4 were fixed, but they clearly are not.

nnodley

Been able to play more.  It's definitely super fun for me and I like the world events so far.  But now I keep having an issue where I gain xp after an expedition, but then when i'm back to fort tarsis I lose what I gained.   I hope for their sake the final gold build is seamless and doesn't have nearly any of these problems.

Xevross

Bought Gris on Switch a few days ago and I finished in a few sittings of just over an hour. Beautiful little game, well worth the price and 4 hours of your time!

nnodley

OH MY fudgy GOD!!  Get all the way to the final boss of the stronghold.  Whole squad dies and now on infinite load screen so I lose all the loot and xp from this.  fudgy RIDICULOUS!  And not to mention closing application just forced my ps4 to shut off.

Stronghold is really fun though.  

the-pi-guy

OH MY fudgy GOD!!  Get all the way to the final boss of the stronghold.  Whole squad dies and now on infinite load screen so I lose all the loot and xp from this.  fudgy RIDICULOUS!  And not to mention closing application just forced my ps4 to shut off.

Stronghold is really fun though.  
So good but very buggy?  

nnodley

So good but very buggy?  
Yeah for me at least.  I find myself itching to get back in and play, but having these issues puts me off from playing for a little bit.

Xevross

Jan 27, 2019, 02:51 PM Last Edit: Jan 27, 2019, 03:27 PM by Xevross
Anthem is actually super fun when you get to play it. Hopefully I can convince my friends to play the open demo next weekend.

That being said there are a big list of problems with the game. Performance chief among them. Pretty sure I've been dropping below 20fps in most big fights.

nnodley

Anthem is actually super fun when you get to play it. Hopefully I can convince my friends to play the open demo next weekend.

That being said there are a big list of problems with the game. Performance chief among them. Pretty sure I've been dropping below 20fps in most big fights.
Yep, i'm having a blast with it, when its not fudgy up.  

I hope the open beta is smoother.

Also I guess running in the hub is actually turned off in the demo so that will hopefully be better in full release.  But I also felt the movement was quick enough anyway, but being able to go faster will be nice.  At least it's not Red Dead 2 camp slow.  That was awful.

Go Up