The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

Jan 06, 2016, 07:34 PM Last Edit: Jan 06, 2016, 07:57 PM by Mmm_fish_tacos
What is CV1?
I think its red.

They are on ebay for 1500....

Legend

I think its red.

They are on ebay for 1500....
Are pre orders sold out?

Shop seems open to me.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Are pre orders sold out?

Shop seems open to me.
They seem to be. Did you actually try?

DerNebel

He has a point though. An American company has no obligation to reduce the price of its product any further just because some European government jacks up the price like that. He should blame his government if he doesn't like it.
Lol, are you seriously acting as if customs duty is somehow exclusive to europe and that governments are just "jacking" up prices for fun or out of greed or something?

the-pi-guy

They seem to be. Did you actually try?
It looks like they are just pushing the preorder shipment date back.  

Not actually sold out.  

The date now says May.  

Just because people are offering it for 1500$ doesn't mean they are actually going to be sold for that price.  

Legend

Not actually sold out.  

The date now says May.  

Just because people are offering it for 1500$ doesn't mean they are actually going to be sold for that price.  
Oh woah may yeah

kitler53

Lol, are you seriously acting as if customs duty is somehow exclusive to europe and that governments are just "jacking" up prices for fun or out of greed or something?
are you seriously acting as if taxes in europe are a lot higher than elsewhere?  VAT is what,.. 20%?  in the USA it would be more like 5%.  that "jacks" up the price a lot.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

are you seriously acting as if taxes in europe are a lot higher than elsewhere?  VAT is what,.. 20%?  in the USA it would be more like 5%.  that "jacks" up the price a lot.
Yeah its 20% here. Although that is always included in prices

Dr. Pezus

Mmm_fish_tacos

Not actually sold out.  

The date now says May.  

Someone is going to pay that.

ZhugeEX

Pricing in Europe is high.

Compared to what you usually see from U.S. based companies.

DerNebel

are you seriously acting as if taxes in europe are a lot higher than elsewhere?  VAT is what,.. 20%?  in the USA it would be more like 5%.  that "jacks" up the price a lot.
No, actually I'm not. What I'm saying is that these taxes aren't just charged willy-nilly without reason.

the-pi-guy

No, actually I'm not. What I'm saying is that these taxes aren't just charged willy-nilly without reason.
He never said it happens for no reason.  
But those countries do very different things, and thus have different demands.  So it's not unexpected that the prices will be different, because for example taxes are very different.  

European countries typically have far higher sales taxes, and they also include it in the prices.  US doesn't do that.  

Appearance price.  
US - 100$
EU - 120$

Actual price
US - 105$
EU - 120$

kitler53

He never said it happens for no reason.  
But those countries do very different things, and thus have different demands.  So it's not unexpected that the prices will be different, because for example taxes are very different.  

European countries typically have far higher sales taxes, and they also include it in the prices.  US doesn't do that.  

Appearance price.  
US - 100$
EU - 120$

Actual price
US - 105$
EU - 120$
basically this.

it's a personal pet peeve when european guys complain about how much things cost there.  oh sure,. the ps4 cost you $50 more but my family pays almost a thousand dollars a month for health insurance.   how much do you pay for that!?!?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Mmm_fish_tacos

For those that don't about ebay. Green means that the transaction is compete. A.K.A people are buying them for 1500.

Go Up