Microsoft E3 Press Conference 2017

Started by Xevross, Jun 11, 2017, 05:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Xevross

i hope this year people will finally start blaming phil spencer for the lack of first party games and actual exclusives developed by MS. they literally announced 1 AAA exclusive which is a yearly a franchise (Forza). other than that nothing. Phil has been here for 4 years now. and his comments about "first party being important" were obviously all talk.
And don't forget its not even exclusive anymore, as all games are on PC. There's literally no reason to get an xbox. If you want a console and can only have one, PS4 is easily the best choice unless you have a bad PC, simply because more games.

Even if they did still have exclusives, it would be weak and their worst line-up of upcoming games after any e3 for the last 5 years. Xbox One X is all they have going for them, and its going to be almost DOA as its too expensive.

darkknightkryta

Exactly. I was just about to say this. People on GAF and Reddit were talking about 2017 as if this was the year we start seeing "the fruits of Phil's labor" in regards to games. Like, as if he was going to come out and announce a bunch of new studios with a bunch of exclusive first-party titles in development. Once again, they're left with him repeating the same old lines and using buzzwords to gloss over the fact that he doesn't have jack shame to sell them. His legacy at this point is nothing more than deconstructing what Mattrick built and signing timed exclusivity deals with third-party companies while allowing first-party to shrink into a shadow of itself and spitting out aging franchises on a constant basis as if Activision is a great model to follow.
Which according to Phil, is bad for the industry.  In a way I kinda feel bad for him, cause I know he's just talking for the higher ups, but still.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Holly fudge I can't stand major. He's such a dumb fudge.

Xevross

Oh god I've got the permanent blue text glitch. I forgot about this, happens every year :'(

edit: okay clicking through every page fixes it!

SWORDF1SH

Holly fudge I can't stand major. He's such a dumb fudge.
You get a big fat like for that. He's an irritating prick who is like that one uncle you get who thinks he's cool.

Xevross

Fun fact: this thread contains 5% of the posts on this forum in 2017  :o

Raven

Fun fact: this thread contains 5% of the posts on this forum in 2017  :o
Wait until Sony's conference.

DerNebel

dont think so. its still a year and a half away. i have no doubt that was PC gameplay actually. but thats just my speculation
Ok, cause I just got a smug reply on reddit for a post of me saying that 4K 60 will be PC exclusive on Anthem yesterday and I was trying to find any confirmation for the Scorpio performance of that game but couldn't turn anything up.

Raven

Ok, cause I just got a smug reply on reddit for a post of me saying that 4K 60 will be PC exclusive on Anthem yesterday and I was trying to find any confirmation for the Scorpio performance of that game but couldn't turn anything up.
You can rest assured that the Xbox One X (XBOX... my god...) version will have downgrades of some kind compared to the PC version. That game is coming more than a year and a half from now with little guarantee that it won't get pushed back. Something will have to give. Either it won't be true 4K, it won't be 60 fps, or they will sacrifice graphical effects to pull it off. One way or the other, a game like that isn't going to run at top rate on specs that were outdated before they were even announced.

DerNebel

Oh wait, I was just send proof by the guy, he send me a link to a confirmation of.... Forza 7 being native 4k 60 on Scorpio....

Xevross

Wait until Sony's conference.
Surprisingly, the Microsoft conference thread here often ends with more posts. Maybe because its a better time of day for people, or we want to watch more and type less

Raven

Oh wait, I was just send proof by the guy, he send me a link to a confirmation of.... Forza 7 being native 4k 60 on Scorpio....
Lol well that settles it. Anthem, a huge, open-world game with top notch visuals releasing probably 2 years from now, will almost certainly run at 4K 60FPS... because Forza 7 does...

Xevross

I just checked last years threads and yep, MS: 877 posts, Sony: 690 posts. I think other years have been the same too.

Raven

I just checked last years threads and yep, MS: 877 posts, Sony: 690 posts. I think other years have been the same too.
Last year's had a lot to do with Scorpio being announced and the speculation surrounding it. This year we know everything about it now. It will be an irrelevant topic for us soon enough. At least, I'm fairly confident. Unless Kerotan wants to rant. :P

DD_Bwest

we also tend to make alot of different threads for ps announcements that spread out discussion.   doesnt happen as much for ms

Go Up