Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, but it's wrong!  8)

Kidding, but for me there is just something about it that I can't quite put into words that makes it one of my favorite films.
The atmosphere

Dr. Pezus

The atmosphere
Of which there is none... In space

Legend

Of which there is none... In space
There is atmosphere in space.  :P

Low Earth orbit satellites need to counteract it by firing their thrusters.

Space by most definitions begins at 100 km up yet look at the drag the ISS experiences at 400 km.

Haha on that note, Interstellar with magic bookcases was still more scientifically accurate than Gravity.

BananaKing

There is atmosphere in space.  :P

Low Earth orbit satellites need to counteract it by firing their thrusters.

Space by most definitions begins at 100 km up yet look at the drag the ISS experiences at 400 km.

Haha on that note, Interstellar with magic bookcases was still more scientifically accurate than Gravity.
Who cares? Both movies were flat out fantastic

Legend

Who cares? Both movies were flat out fantastic
I like Gravity a lot. Doesn't mean I can't laugh at its faults.

Xevross

*Both movies were flat out okay to good 8)

I kid, Interstellar is good and gravity is great.

the-pi-guy

And here I felt gravity was terrible.  

Legend

Rented Melancholia. Was pretty good yet weird. Wouldn't recommend but I liked it a lot.

And here I felt gravity was terrible.  
One theory I saw online was that Sandra Bullock hallucinated George Clooney the whole time, not just in the final ship. That would explain him continuously not being helpful haha.

nnodley

Xevross

Legend

I saw Ad Astra two days ago and have had some time to think about it.

It wasn't a good movie. It had lots of bad space stuff but I'm used to ignoring that. It was mostly just a boring film with a really small budget. Very art house.

I loved elements of it though, it had some great moments. Just felt like a movie made in the 80's though. I'm very surprised that it has gotten a generally positive reception.

BananaKing

Just watched hateful 8. dang that's a good movie. Quintin is a genius.

I do love me some samuel l Jackson.  But the entire cast was phenomenal. Kurt russel was fantastic. Honestly such a great movie

Legend

Just watched hateful 8. dang that's a good movie. Quintin is a genius.

I do love me some samuel l Jackson.  But the entire cast was phenomenal. Kurt russel was fantastic. Honestly such a great movie
Twas good but not Quintin's best imo.

BananaKing

Twas good but not Quintin's best imo.
Not best. That's always gonna be pulp fiction. But it's amazing non the less. Better than django IMO. But I can see why people would like django more.

Legend

Not best. That's always gonna be pulp fiction. But it's amazing non the less. Better than django IMO. But I can see why people would like django more.
Yeah I definitely preferred Django and Inglorious Bastards and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Go Up