Xbox Series X previews Live!

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 28, 2020, 12:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Yeah its crazy how close we are to next gen. It feels like we should be at least a few months away given the amount of stuff we still don't know.
I still know almost nothing about ps5...

kitler53

Sep 30, 2020, 01:32 PM Last Edit: Sep 30, 2020, 01:34 PM by kitler53

lol, love that meme.

I still know almost nothing about ps5...
we know it's name, price, release date.   we know demon's souls, sackboy, spiderman, GoW, horizion, and ratchet and clank.

really, what more do you need to know..

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

lol, love that meme.
we know it's name, price, release date.   we know demon's souls, sackboy, spiderman, GoW, horizion, and ratchet and clank.

really, what more do you need to know..
What it's like to play ps4 games, how the UI is, how VR works with it, can we transfer digital ps4 games to it (that released before 2020)? Is PS Plus still the same price? Does it fit in a living room? Can it play 120fps games like Series S?

Mostly I just want to see the system in action. How is the animation and sound when you turn it on? How fast does it load or switch games? How is the PS store? How are the social and sharing features? Etc

the-pi-guy

What it's like to play ps4 games, how the UI is,
Just like PS4 pro.  There is a boost mode to play with.  

Still waiting on UI.  
how VR works with it
You ask for a cable. Plug in your camera with it and then you play as normal.  

can we transfer digital ps4 games to it (that released before 2020)? Is PS Plus still the same price? Does it fit in a living room? Can it play 120fps games like Series S?
Yes, yes, yes (unless you have a tiny living room), yes.  

Dr. Pezus

Still waiting on UI.  You ask for a cable. Plug in your camera with it and then you play as normal.  

I know there's a boost mode but how much can it do?

Still waiting on UI.  You ask for a cable. Plug in your camera with it and then you play as normal.  

The first yes: when did they say thst?

the-pi-guy

I know there's a boost mode but how much can it do?
The first yes: when did they say thst?
Boost mode will do whatever it is set to by the developer.  
If there's a pro/PS5 patch, it should use the whole GPU.  If there isn't, it should only use half the GPU.  

They said 99% of games will be playable. Why would that exclude digital PS4 titles?  

Dr. Pezus

Boost mode will do whatever it is set to by the developer.  
If there's a pro/PS5 patch, it should use the whole GPU.  If there isn't, it should only use half the GPU.  

They said 99% of games will be playable. Why would that exclude digital PS4 titles?  
Playable, yes. But will the ps4 games I have bought on PS4 transfer to PS5? Since I have almost a completely digital library.

the-pi-guy

Playable, yes. But will the ps4 games I have bought on PS4 transfer to PS5? Since I have almost a completely digital library.
I'm assuming you are asking if you can just move an external HDD from PS4 to your PS5.  That we don't know for sure.

Could be formatting difference or something else.  

Otherwise the answer is yes.

Dr. Pezus

I'm assuming you are asking if you can just move an external HDD from PS4 to your PS5.  That we don't know for sure.

Could be formatting difference or something else.  

Otherwise the answer is yes.
I mean Sony keeps the games we buy digitally in our online library. Will that transfer over, to PS5, without an external harddrive? I mean there should be no need for an external drive in this day and age.

This is still not clear enough. I've seen nothing about this from Sony.

If we can't do that, going all digital is a lot worse than physical for most people.

the-pi-guy

I mean Sony keeps the games we buy digitally in our online library. Will that transfer over, to PS5, without an external harddrive? I mean there should be no need for an external drive in this day and age.

Your library will transfer over...  

Even a few crossbuy PS3 titles came over to PS4. No reason to expect otherwise.

kitler53

If we can't do that, going all digital is a lot worse than physical for most people.
oi vey.   you're digital library will transfer.  the portions of my ps3/vita digital library that was supported on ps4 already transferred.

it's like the world is going out of their way to manufacture reasons to hate on sony these days.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

Your library will transfer over...  

Even a few crossbuy PS3 titles came over to PS4. No reason to expect otherwise.
Have they cleared this up though? Since I'm not sure I'm sure the general public have no idea. Crossbuy was clearly stated as crossbuy. Now we have "upgrades" that are free sometimes and cost something for other games.

oi vey.   you're digital library will transfer.  the portions of my ps3/vita digital library that was supported on ps4 already transferred.

it's like the world is going out of their way to manufacture reasons to hate on sony these days.
They haven't said as much though. It's not hate but it's pretty much general opinion these days that Sony's messaging with ps5 has been mixed...Most of us even agreed about that after their last show, and we are borderline Sony fanboys lol

the-pi-guy

Have they cleared this up though? Since I'm not sure I'm sure the general public have no idea. Crossbuy was clearly stated as crossbuy. Now we have "upgrades" that are free sometimes and cost something for other games.
Upgrades have nothing to do with BC.  

I don't think the general public overthinks these things. If Apple announces a new iPhone with an emphasis that your old stuff is playable, I don't think anyone gets concerned that they will have to rebuy their old stuff again.

Dr. Pezus

Upgrades have nothing to do with BC.  

I don't think the general public overthinks these things. If Apple announces a new iPhone with an emphasis that your old stuff is playable, I don't think anyone gets concerned that they will have to rebuy their old stuff again.

Yes, but that's because Apple has done that many times. This is basically a first for Sony, making most of the last gen digital games playable on next gen.

I know upgrades are different but it's all a bit confusing for people I'm sure

the-pi-guy

Yes, but that's because Apple has done that many times. This is basically a first for Sony, making most of the last gen digital games playable on next gen.

I know upgrades are different but it's all a bit confusing for people I'm sure
No it's not.
PS1 games were playable on PS3, PSP, PSV.  PSP digital titles were similarly playable on PSV. 

There is absolutely no reason to suspect they will separate your library into PS4 titles you bought on PS4 and PS4 titles you bought on PS5.  Particularly when that's how physical works and particularly when there's a single PS store and PSN.  You aren't going to buy a PS4 game on your PC and have to decide if you want to add it to your PS4 library or your PS5 library.

Go Up