PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Xevross

Slam, smash, and boost your way to fame in Destruction AllStars, coming to PS5 - PlayStation.Blog

Destruction Allstars blog post, doesn't really tell you too much that you couldn't infer from the trailer. Full price and MTX for this game is just such a weird decision, feels like its being sent out to die. A short blog post is not enough, hopefully this upcoming trailer they mentioned is a good one.

DerNebel

Slam, smash, and boost your way to fame in Destruction AllStars, coming to PS5 - PlayStation.Blog

Destruction Allstars blog post, doesn't really tell you too much that you couldn't infer from the trailer. Full price and MTX for this game is just such a weird decision, feels like its being sent out to die. A short blog post is not enough, hopefully this upcoming trailer they mentioned is a good one.
Have MTX's been confirmed? I know the game has an in-game currency which points to it, but that could still be used without MTX.

kitler53

this honestly looks like it could be an amazing f2p game ala rocket league and go on to make tons of money.   but as a $70 ps5 exclusive this will fail to get much of an audience right away.  i'll bet match making will be difficult.   i cannot see this being entertaining to play solo as it appears to be 100% a multiplayer-centric game and that will be what kills it.  this has "flop" written all over it.   shame because the trailer makes it look fun to play.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

DerNebel

this honestly looks like it could be an amazing f2p game ala rocket league and go on to make tons of money.   but as a $70 ps5 exclusive this will fail to get much of an audience right away.  i'll bet match making will be difficult.   i cannot see this being entertaining to play solo as it appears to be 100% a multiplayer-centric game and that will be what kills it.  this has "flop" written all over it.   shame because the trailer makes it look fun to play.
It's a day 1 game. That will be a huge help.

Millions of extremely content hungry people with few things to choose from (people want new games with their new console) early on, will certainly lead a chunk of players to this game.

But I agree that I'm still missing the $70 sales pitch here.

kitler53

It's a day 1 game. That will be a huge help.

Millions of extremely content hungry people with few things to choose from (people want new games with their new console) early on, will certainly lead a chunk of players to this game.

But I agree that I'm still missing the $70 sales pitch here.
your point would be more valid to me if on day-1 i couldn't also get:
- spider man miles morales  (and spiderman remastered)
- demon's souls
- godfall
- assassin's creed
- CoD
- sackboy a big adventure

i don't know about everyone but I'll wager a vast majority of people would rank at least 2 games from that list as more desirable then destruction all-stars.  i doubt too many people buy 3+ games at launch.  really, this is a pretty awesome launch as far as launch line-ups go.

DerNebel

Sep 29, 2020, 05:20 PM Last Edit: Sep 29, 2020, 06:22 PM by DerNebel
your point would be more valid to me if on day-1 i couldn't also get:
- spider man miles morales  (and spiderman remastered)
- demon's souls
- godfall
- assassin's creed
- CoD
- sackboy a big adventure

i don't know about everyone but I'll wager a vast majority of people would rank at least 2 games from that list as more desirable then destruction all-stars.  i doubt too many people buy 3+ games at launch.  really, this is a pretty awesome launch as far as launch line-ups go.
Eh, I still wouldn't underestimate the power of being a launch game (that will be one of few next gen exclusives and likely fairly prominently featured in the consoles marketing at launch I imagine). There's also the period after launch after all, where for several weeks if not months, little to nothing will actually come out, which might push people to check this game out.

Speaking of launch.

This actually looks kinda charming and like something I could see myself getting in a quiet week around christmas.  ;D

kitler53

Eh, I still wouldn't underestimate the power of being a launch game (that will be one of few next gen exclusives and likely be fairly prominently be featured in the consoles marketing at launch I imagine). There's also the period after launch after all, where for several weeks if not months, little to nothing will actually come out, which might push people to check this game out.

Speaking of launch.

This actually looks kinda charming and like something I could see myself getting in a quiet week around christmas.  ;D
yeah, i'm a big fan of little big planet and MM but i'm really, really happy to have a game entirely focused on play and not create, share.   i think this is going to be great and much more in line with tearaway then LBP3 and i think that's a great thing.

i suspected it but here is the prove that they picked up the best part of LBP in a vast array of costume options. 

for me this is a must play.

the-pi-guy

Xevross

Have MTX's been confirmed? I know the game has an in-game currency which points to it, but that could still be used without MTX.
Yes, on the store page.

DerNebel

Yes, on the store page.
Ah yeah, just saw that.

I don't know, some really weird decisions with this game. If they are hiding the full price value somewhere, they are hiding it well. And if they are just thinking "well, it's a launch exclusive, might as well see how far we can push this" then I don't see the longterm benefit of that move.

Why not make it $30-40 with MTX's at least? I really hope they just haven't shown what makes this 'AAA' yet.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Era seems pretty surprised by the Remaster.

Xevross

Remaster is a big upgrade, but so weird and shocking to see a new face on Spidey.

The new face is obviously much higher in detail and looks much better but its gonna be so odd to adjust. Guess I will have to play Spidey Remastered now so its not weird when the sequel comes out.

Dr. Pezus

I don't understand their reasoning for changing actors. This new one looks too young. Seems like they're trying to make him  more like the movie Spidey.

Go Up