Let's design a forum!

Started by Legend, May 02, 2014, 10:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Oh of course.

Spamming for the amusement of the community would be allowed, but spamming for personal gain isn't.

Nice Pi

Though it does have a slight issue that it only works with full words.  Though, I'm not sure that it's a big one. 

Pi

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

What would happen if you put A->X, X->A for censoring? 
Would it break the server or just go to the second letter?

Legend

cat

dog

there's your answer

Legend

Alright! Structure is complete.

VizionEck Video Games
   VizionEck, the Studio

The Game

Gaming
   News Discussion

Community

Off-Topic
   News Discussion

Community

VizionEck Website
   Website & Forum Feedback

Moderation Discussion (hidden to non members)

First part of many, complete!!! If it looks good, I'll begin moving threads over.

Dr. Pezus

So where will the sales go? Gaming - Community?

darkknightkryta

Leave it in gaming.

Legend

So where will the sales go? Gaming - Community?

If the source of a thread is outside the forum, it goes in news.

If the source of a thread is within the forum, it goes in community.

So if Sony announces 8 million sold, that's in news. If it starts going off topic into a general discussion of ps4 sales, the thread is moved to community with a link remaining in the original thread.

A sales thread asking when ps4 will pass vita would go in community.

Plus I think we can use a tag system on top of this dividing news into playstation, sales, etc.

Legend

Agree?

Should community go under a different name?

the-pi-guy

I think it is fine that way, I kind of feel like we should have a section for rules.  I think either:
A.)  Have a rules tab, not really part of the forums.  Kind of like VG, where there is a forum rules, but you can't post in there or anything.
B.)  Have a section, perhaps in Forum Development where mods/admins can create threads for rules. 

Legend

For the time being a rule forum makes sense. In the future however it should get a dedicated page.

Also as you could tell I moved most of the topics to the ne area. Not sure what to do with the ps nation though. this whole forum is now the ps nation. Having a thread for it seems silly.

Raven

For the time being a rule forum makes sense. In the future however it should get a dedicated page.

Also as you could tell I moved most of the topics to the ne area. Not sure what to do with the ps nation though. this whole forum is now the ps nation. Having a thread for it seems silly.

I think there is still confusion on what the general intent is with this forum. Are we a general gaming forum or are we a PlayStation gaming forum that allows talk about other platforms?

Legend

I think there is still confusion on what the general intent is with this forum. Are we a general gaming forum or are we a PlayStation gaming forum that allows talk about other platforms?

All platforms.

For the moment we're 100% ps fans though. Maybe in the future we might have to change things, but right now I don'tthink it matters.

the-pi-guy

We should.... have some more promiscuous threads....

Raven

Perhaps we should just hide the PlayStation Nation thread for awhile? If in the future we plan on getting people of all preferences in here then we can bring it back out but yeah. It seems kind of pointless at the moment to have that here when the entire forum is basically our playground.

Go Up