Watch Dogs Hype Thread!

Started by nnodley, May 03, 2014, 12:45 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Where have you been?

Revising and playing guild wars :). I'll be on more often when my exams finish.

DD_Bwest

if you do a burn out in water, you can lay rubber, apparently..  ;)  hmm pic didnt work, fudge facebook

this parking lot isnt connected to any roads...

Dr. Pezus

if you do a burn out in water, you can lay rubber, apparently..  ;)  hmm pic didnt work, fudge facebook

this parking lot isnt connected to any roads...

Lol

DD_Bwest

My review so far:

It gets better as you get used to some of the choices they make in the game.  The movement feels labored compared to the easy flow of assasins creed.   you get stuck on things and randomly cant climb onto some things yet easily climb over others.  The driving is pretty good despite what some people say, although it can sometimes feel like the city is cramped compared to the large open areas you can get in GTA V.  It has tons of content and things to do, which i like.  I have been able to spend hours doing side missions of all kinds and enjoy most of it.   Having to "take down"  some targets while everyone else is open to slaughter is a bit frustrating at times, but you can find ways to use the games poor AI to that advantage.  Although it can get annoying when the enemy kills your target and you fail.. lol  The hacking puzzles are very fun and i wish there was more of them.

I havent really touched the story yet, but i plan to soon.  So far it seems alright, but i found a continuity flaw when i unlocked a cTOS area and in the middle of it i got a call/message from that long hair goatee guy.   I havent met him in the story yet,  the message stopped after like a second but i was like WTF lol

So far i would give it about a 79 out of 100.   if it becomes a series it could have some potential as obisoft learns to polish this type of stuff

Dr. Pezus

My review so far:

It gets better as you get used to some of the choices they make in the game.  The movement feels labored compared to the easy flow of assasins creed.   you get stuck on things and randomly cant climb onto some things yet easily climb over others.  The driving is pretty good despite what some people say, although it can sometimes feel like the city is cramped compared to the large open areas you can get in GTA V.  It has tons of content and things to do, which i like.  I have been able to spend hours doing side missions of all kinds and enjoy most of it.   Having to "take down"  some targets while everyone else is open to slaughter is a bit frustrating at times, but you can find ways to use the games poor AI to that advantage.  Although it can get annoying when the enemy kills your target and you fail.. lol  The hacking puzzles are very fun and i wish there was more of them.

I havent really touched the story yet, but i plan to soon.  So far it seems alright, but i found a continuity flaw when i unlocked a cTOS area and in the middle of it i got a call/message from that long hair goatee guy.   I havent met him in the story yet,  the message stopped after like a second but i was like WTF lol

So far i would give it about a 79 out of 100.   if it becomes a series it could have some potential as obisoft learns to polish this type of stuff

Like I said, this is AC all over again. I expect the franchise to improve a lot.

nnodley

I actually love the running and driving.  The running is really fluid, imo but can still have some improvements.  The animations are freaking top notch though!!

Go Up