PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

Im pretty sure the background in that is a picture.

the-pi-guy

I'm back to feeling like Meta is spending an insane amount on R&D and not getting that much in return.

Legend

I'm back to feeling like Meta is spending an insane amount on R&D and not getting that much in return.
Probably doesn't help that Sony has a clear vision while Meta isn't working towards anything specific.

kitler53

meta has a clear vision.   facebook is degrading as youth don't use it.  they need the next big thing and for some dumb fudgy reason they think VR/metaverse is going to be a multi-billion $ industry "soon".   they are wrong.   ...but they will bankrupt and not exist like "friendster" before it if they don't find a way to stay relavant.   snap and tiktok kind of show that each generation (almost out of spite) the kids flee to a new platform (probably so their parents aren't keeping an eye on them).  

sony's vision is much much smaller but at least it is reasonable.  video games and VR are mostly a good match.  i'm not chilling at home with a VR headset to scroll though my social feed.  i'm not using VR to have a business meeting.   AR (projecting annotations onto physical things i'm actually looking at) is the only business case i think actually makes sense.  

meta is toast.

BananaKing

Probably doesn't help that Sony has a clear vision while Meta isn't working towards anything specific.
I think the difference between the two is that meta thinks VR and the meta verse will expand quickly like how social media did. Where virtually everybody started using it and relatively quick

Sony on the other hand thinks while VR is a huge part of future technology, they see the market having a similar trajectory as the gaming one. A comparatively small market at first, that continue to grow and grow over time. And Sony wants to be at the forefront of the companies that built the VR market. It could turn into another pillar for them down the line if they succeed  

the-pi-guy

kitler53

the-pi-guy

The DualSense Edge wireless controller will be available for a recommended retail price (RRP) of $199.99 USD/¥29,980 (including tax)/€239.99/£209.99. In addition, the replaceable stick modules will be available globally on January 26 for a recommended retail price (RRP) of $19.99 USD/¥2,680 (including tax)/€24.99/£19.99.

the-pi-guy

PlayStation VR2
$549.99 / €599.99 / £529.99 / ¥74,980 recommended retail price (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY)
Includes PS VR2 headset, PS VR2 Sense controllers and stereo headphones
PlayStation VR2 Horizon Call of the Mountain bundle
$599.99 / €649.99 / £569.99 / ¥79,980 recommended retail price (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY)
Includes PlayStation Store voucher code for Horizon Call of the Mountain, PS VR2 headset, PS VR2 Sense controllers, and stereo headphones

the-pi-guy

11 PSVR2 games announced:

PlayStationBlog
The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR | Developer: Supermassive Games
Cities VR - Enhanced Edition | Developer: Fast Travel Games
Crossfire: Sierra Squad | Developer: Smilegate
The Light Brigade | Developer: Funktronic Labs
Cosmonious High | Developer: Owlchemy Labs
Hello Neighbor: Search and Rescue | Developer: tinyBuild Games
Jurassic World Aftermath Collection | Developer: Coatsink
Pistol Whip VR
Zenith: The Last City | Developer: Ramen VR
After The Fall | Developer: Vertigo Games
Tentacular | Developer: Firepunchd Games UG
The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR | Developer: Supermassive Games
Don't blink - Immerse yourself in this fast-paced roller coaster action-horror-shooter where every move you make, and everything you see, could mean the difference between life and death. Experience the thrill of the most nightmarish VR roller coaster action-shooter, enhanced by the innovative features of PlayStation VR2 and set inside the sinister world of The Dark Pictures Anthology.

Switchback VR will take players for a multi-sensory ride on where they'll need to survive the terrifying Ghost Ship and its distorted apparitions, confront hideous demonic incarnations of persecuted 'witches' in 17th-century New England and then fight for your life against other-worldly vampires trapped beneath the desert. Finally, escape the horrifying World's Fair Hotel with a sadistic serial killer out for blood and discover how your story connects these worlds on this sinister rollercoaster from hell.

Endure every bump, twist, turn and drop as your cart speeds along the tracks with haptic feedback bringing that roller-coaster feeling to life. Adaptive triggers make each weapon feel unique as you unload on terrifying enemies that emerge from the shadows. Avoid falling beams, overturned buses and hanging witches. Headset feedback ensures that you'll feel it if you don't! With the PS VR2 headset eye tracking, we made enemies that only move when you blink, and hear demons whisper in your ear with the PS5's 3D Audio. It's your own personal nightmare where each track has multiple terrifying paths. No two runs will be the same, but each will test your reactions in this terrifying VR horryahor experience.

Legend

Oh gosh that's more than I want to pay.

But it would be fun to add vr to Hapax post launch.

nnodley

yeah i was hoping at most $450. I'll likely preorder though and then see near launch whether i keep it or not.

the-pi-guy

The price is a bit steeper than I expected.

But I'm more worried about the games.

kitler53

The price is a bit steeper than I expected.

But I'm more worried about the games.
Same, i expected i would preoreder but now i'm thinking no.  I'm rich so $550 doesn't really bother me but with no BC and only those 11 games go play as of right now…

Not sure i want to play any of them.  Where's astro bot?   

Go Up