PlayStation Community Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Aura7541

A game from 2002 does not make it ancient. Was your first game system a PS2? o.O

I can imagine - all sorts of crazy stuff happens in battles lol. I've been playing Proud mode for all the games I've played so far (KH1 and KHRECOM so far) and I plan to do the same for the rest.

You will love BBS! Its awesome!

I played the PSP version few years ago and always wanted a HD remake of it and am glad that they made it!

Playing Re:Chain of Memories HD right now! Wish 358/2 Days was a game and not a movie - I actually enjoyed 358/2 Days as a game more than COM lol.

The thing with these HD remaster collections is that the Final Mix versions are remastered. Those versions never left Japan during the PS2 days, so everyone else was bereft of the extra abilities, enemies, cutscenes, etc. So for me, personally, KHII feels new due to all the extras I could not access 10+ years ago.

Before I began playing KHII FM HD, the last time I played KHII was 7 years ago. When I was younger, I tend to button-mash my way through and vanilla KHII was pretty forgiving even on Proud mode. However, I got my dog kicked in KHII FM quite a bit despite being more strategic. Part of the reason is that the order of the bonus abilities have been changed. It's pretty interesting looking back at my past.

I, too, wished that 358/2 Days was remastered into a game. The movie didn't do much justice because it only remastered the CGI cutscenes and a lot of important scenes were missing.