The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Nov 09, 2020, 01:02 PM Last Edit: Nov 09, 2020, 01:07 PM by Xevross
But reading some reviews this sounds more to my tastes than Odyssey, especially reading this thread from Jason:

Sounds like the overly repetitive side content is fixed and now much more interesting, and also its not required to do lots of side content to keep up with the main story level now. That was probably the big combo that killed Odyssey for me, the rest of the game didn't have too many problems.

God dang nabbit, now I kind of want it. Well, I'll wait for a big sale at least this time in case I don't like it again.

nnodley

I'm preloading Valhalla on ps4 so i can at least get a little playtime in it instead of waiting till my ps5 comes.

Legend

I lost interest in Valhalla so fast, but I loved Odyssey. Maybe I'll try it out in like a year.

Guess we know the next one will be 82!

Dr. Pezus

Assassin's Creed Valhalla for PS4, XB1, PC, Stadia, XBXS, PS5 Reviews - OpenCritic

AC Valhalla 83 on opencritic. That's the least surprising thing I've seen in ages, looks like AC is still AC! (Origins was 85, Odyssey 84)
I honestly was kind of expecting lower scores, like closer to 80, so 83 is good!

Dr. Pezus

Legend

84 now!
It's so close to not being low 80s filth!

nnodley

Really enjoying Valhalla.  Only an hour or so in, but its great so far.  Can't wait to check out the upgrades on ps5

Legend

Nov 11, 2020, 06:38 AM Last Edit: Nov 11, 2020, 06:44 AM by Legend
Really enjoying Valhalla.  Only an hour or so in, but its great so far.  Can't wait to check out the upgrades on ps5
Speaking of Valhalla, anyone want to make a general next gen graphics comparison thread?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/assassins-creed-valhalla-ps5-vs-xbox-series-x-graphics-comparison.323302

Xevross

Xevross

The Era Valhalla OT is extremely mixed, seems like the game wasn't ready to come out and its super buggy and janky right now. Even putting that aside, a lot of people are disappointed with it. Guess its easy for me to leave it until a deep sale.

Dr. Pezus

The Era Valhalla OT is extremely mixed, seems like the game wasn't ready to come out and its super buggy and janky right now. Even putting that aside, a lot of people are disappointed with it. Guess its easy for me to leave it until a deep sale.
A typical Ubisoft game, then

nnodley

i've yet to encounter any bugs really.  Maybe the farther i get in, but seems pretty solid so far.

Xevross

I just played Abzu since Epic gave it away for free. Beautiful game but fairly shallow and short.

The Pathless keeping that level of beauty but being a bigger game and having more to it would be a recipe for a great game. I think I will pick it up but probably on sale.

the-pi-guy

It's kind of funny to me how some people are suddenly very interested in  controllers with gyro.

Legend

It's kind of funny to me how some people are suddenly very interested in  controllers with gyro.
What brought that about? I learned to love gyro aiming from Uncharted Golden Abyss.

Go Up