The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

Legend

I saw this on chertz.  It was a link to a tweet, but the twitter account has since been deleted.  

That wouldn't be too bad.

the-pi-guy

That wouldn't be too bad.
Considering OR, it'd be pretty great in my opinion.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

It would be nice, but I don't believe it. They'll include the camera with the head set, not bundle with a move contoller. You cant sell something required for the headset to work in a separate package.

Legend

It would be nice, but I don't believe it. They'll include the camera with the head set, not bundle with a move contoller. You cant sell something required for the headset to work in a separate package.
But so many people already own the camera. I'd hate to have to buy it twice.

the-pi-guy

What about the people that already have a camera?  
Think Sony is smart enough to realize lots of people already have a camera and aren't going to need another one.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Sell it?  

They have to have a package with everything needed. They also can't have to many that it become confusing.  The BOM on the camera should be super cheap, it would hardly be a big deal if they added it in every box.

Legend

Sell it?  

They have to have a package with everything needed. They also can't have to many that it become confusing.  The BOM on the camera should be super cheap, it would hardly be a big deal if they added it in every box.
It's not about Sony, but consumer perception.

People hate paying twice, and to them the camera is $60. I had to buy Move with an extra copy of Killzone 3 and it was really offputing personally.

Plus it's not like this only affects a handfull of people. PS Camera still sells good on Amazon and is around ~5 million sales.

I think forcing a bundle would strongly hurt psvr sales.

Mmm_fish_tacos

People hate paying twice, and to them the camera is $60. I had to buy Move with an extra copy of Killzone 3 and it was really offputing personally.

Plus it's not like this only affects a handfull of people. PS Camera still sells good on Amazon and is around ~5 million sales.

How about a voucher?

Legend

kitler53

Feb 03, 2016, 10:20 PM Last Edit: Feb 03, 2016, 10:23 PM by kitler53
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/03/20/why-is-ps4s-camera-so-unexpectedly-popular/#22588a5811de

Norden says that the camera is "severely supply constrained" at the moment, and is sold out in a large number of retailers. Further surprising is that the camera has a 15% attach rate to the PS4, which translates to about 900,000 units sold.

basically this.  the internet rage would be massive just like with kinect bundling but worse since the hardware was already purchased.

although for me personally i won't care soo much now that i bough a second ps4 but having two cameras and 1 ps4 would be very annoying.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Feb 05, 2016, 04:00 PM Last Edit: Feb 05, 2016, 04:57 PM by the-pi-guy
Weird.  :o
I posted a double. 

kitler53

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  HTC Vive Pre user guide is available online

i thought this was a well crafted neogaf joke image and then i read your first post.  dear god, expectations are soo far from the mark on what i customer is willing to do to play video games.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

i thought this was a well crafted neogaf joke image and then i read your first post.  dear god, expectations are soo far from the mark on what i customer is willing to do to play video games.
VR arcades make a lot more sense for these active experiences.

Weird.  :o
I posted a double.  
Odd

Go Up