E3 youtube views and analysis 2018

Started by Legend, Jun 09, 2018, 07:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Wait a cotton ticking second, who are you? Nice graphs btw :D

Legend

Great graphs.

Also if anyone else is interested in making their own graphs or just seeing the data, pm me and I can set that up.

Xevross

Seems like Cyberpunk is going to win then. Man, TW3 caused CD:PR's popularity to absolutely explode.

Xevross

Has Cyberpunk just become an ad? Views are sky-rocketing.

Dr. Pezus

Holy shame, over 10m views but tlou is far ahead in likes

Legend

Looks like it.

Make a graph of Likes/Views of the official upload with a rolling average and it should be obvious if it's an ad.

Xevross

Looks like it.

Make a graph of Likes/Views of the official upload with a rolling average and it should be obvious if it's an ad.

Yeah I'm doing that, comparing it to TLOU. Excel is dying for some reason though so its not going well

Legend

Yeah I'm doing that, comparing it to TLOU. Excel is dying for some reason though so its not going well
Use the graph tool I made.

It can limit it to 128 evenly spaced datapoints so excel has less to deal with.

Xevross

Use the graph tool I made.

It can limit it to 128 evenly spaced datapoints so excel has less to deal with.

I have done. For some reason scatter charts are completely broken for me. If I try to do anything with scatter charts excel just dies.

Xevross

Bit of a dip, but nothing dramatic.

Legend

Bit of a dip, but nothing dramatic.
Do you know how to do a rolling average in excel?

Make it show Likes in last hour/views in last hour or something like that. Would make any changes a heck of a lot more visible.

Xevross

Do you know how to do a rolling average in excel?

Make it show Likes in last hour/views in last hour or something like that. Would make any changes a heck of a lot more visible.
Well that is the last hour, not the average... I think :P

Legend

Well that is the last hour, not the average... I think :P
That's likes since upload.

Subtract row n-5 from row n and graph that to get the change in views and likes.

Mantis

Which vides have ads?

Its common for normal videos to level off in Like/View ratio over time. A sudden decrease in the ratio after what seems like a level gradient shows the video has started to be run as an ad.

Fallout 76, DOOM and Cyberpunk 2077 are clearly being run as ads unlike the others in the top 10.

Further proof:

TLOU was catching up till Cyberpunk was an ad, around the 80 mark. You can see it in the like/view ratio at the same time interval as well:

Spike in views

Legend

Coco about to be the biggest movie ever in Mexico | ResetEra

I've added a couple of these but my connection is really bad. Just bookmarking them for later or one of you can finish adding them.

Go Up