What deal breakers do you have for next gen? (as far as buying close to the launch)

Started by Legend, Jul 05, 2018, 09:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

BC is a must for me. Hbu?

nnodley

BC(though it's not really a deal breaker) with ps4 for sure since PS5 is likely to be the one I choose next gen, even if xbox is stronger.  I've put more time into PS and thats the ecosystem I like the most.  

Actually I'm not sure for me personally if there is any deal breakers at all that would stop me from buying PS5.  I guess xbox would have to be massively stronger to make that be my third party machine.

the-pi-guy

Sony:
If Sony were to close Naughty Dog.  

That's about it.  BC is awesome and I hope it's there, but it's not a deal breaker for me.  

Microsoft/Nintendo/Sony: few games.
I'm all about the games.  If they don't bring them, I'm not coming.  
All 3 have games I'm willing to buy a console for, but they gotta bring them.  Simple as that.  

Legend

Updated the thread title to make it more interesting since we're all too core and will buy anything they make.

nnodley

Jul 06, 2018, 01:39 AM Last Edit: Jul 06, 2018, 02:27 AM by nnodley
I'll revise.  I'll likely buy PS5 and xbox one 2.

PS5 is day one most likely for me no matter what. Like 99.9%  8)

Xbox One 2 will depend on a couple things.
  • There should be games that can only be played on xbox and not on PC as well(they seem to be fully moving to xbox and PC releases) so that may be a dealbreaker
  • If it's $500 again and only marginally stronger or weaker than ps5 then that would be a deal breaker as well for buying close to release
  • If they go back and try to start pushing their battleship always online 24 hour DRM check in thingy.

Also I would say I like console gaming more than playing on PC so even if all xbox exclusives come to PC i might likely still get xbox. 

Xevross

Lol well if its close to launch then I do have a deal breaker - being way too expensive. I'll be getting PS5 no matter what, I love WWS games too much. Same reason I got a Switch in launch year for Nintendo games.

ethomaz

Nothing too hard...

Game... exclusives games that start to take the power of console.

I do prefer some kind of remaster/remake or emulation (BC) with trophies... there is little to no reason to play PS4 games on PS5 for me but I should replay PS1/PS2 games with trophies.

There is any big deal feature for me except games.

PS5 day one like I was with PS4 (Brasil Day one of course).

Ludicrous Speed

Next Xbox is likely a day one no brainer. If PS5 has anything good at launch I'll probably get it too, if not I'll wait a year like PS4.

More online only shenanigans is about all that would stop me on Xbox. No games for PS5. They need a controller redesign, too. And a better network.

Legend

Next Xbox is likely a day one no brainer. If PS5 has anything good at launch I'll probably get it too, if not I'll wait a year like PS4.

More online only shenanigans is about all that would stop me on Xbox. No games for PS5. They need a controller redesign, too. And a better network.
What's wrong with the DS4? Unless you just prefer the xbox layout.

I'll probably have a PS5 regardless since I'll need it for work. They'd need to screw indie devs over for me to not get one at launch. I still need an Xbox One so I might be buying that pretty close to the next gen system's release. If it's not easy to upgrade from one to the other then I'll have to wait and make sure I give my XB1 some time on its own.

darkknightkryta

I don't plan to buy a next gen console for a while.  My 1080 (vanilla) should last me till ps6.  I'll figure out what to do for that gen since I'll need a new cpu and such.

Legend

I don't plan to buy a next gen console for a while.  My 1080 (vanilla) should last me till ps6.  I'll figure out what to do for that gen since I'll need a new cpu and such.
How the heck do you expect your 1080 to last ~8 more years without becoming too outdated?

the-pi-guy

How the heck do you expect your 1080 to last ~8 more years without becoming too outdated?
I'd guess 1080 will be fairly similar to PS5.  It'll be far from high end in 8 years though.  

darkknightkryta

Jul 09, 2018, 06:14 AM Last Edit: Jul 09, 2018, 06:18 AM by darkknightkryta
1080p gaming  8)

I'd guess 1080 will be fairly similar to PS5.  It'll be far from high end in 8 years though. 
Pretty much this.  My 560 Ti lasted me 5 years.  Considering how much more powerful a 1080 is.  It should last.

Kerotan

If its called xbox or made by micro its a deal breaker.

Ps5 day 1. I'd like it to be ps4 bc. And whatever cross play features it has I hope there is an option for ps4 only. On all my games I turn off crossplay.

Legend

If its called xbox or made by micro its a deal breaker.

Ps5 day 1. I'd like it to be ps4 bc. And whatever cross play features it has I hope there is an option for ps4 only. On all my games I turn off crossplay.
Have you never owned any xbox?  They've been great.