Switch predicted to sell 130 million by 2022

Started by Legend, Sep 19, 2017, 07:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Credit Suisse upgrades Nintendo rating, expects 130m Switches by 2022 - NeoGAF

Couldn't fit in the title but Credit Suisse is apparently a big market analyst firm/Swiss bank.http://www.barrons.com/articles/nint...sse-1505718700
Credit Suisse has upgraded Nintendo (7974.JP) to outperform from neutral as the broker now expects the Japanese video games maker to sell more of its Switch consoles over a longer sales cycle.

Credit Suisse now forecasts Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch consoles through to 2022, up from 70 million, as it says the device sells like a handheld console rather than a traditional console.

More at the link.
 This uhh... seems quite optimistic to me, but I thought it was a very interesting turnaround in Nintendo's perception from a business perspective.
 Downgrade my credit rating if old.

darkknightkryta

The Wii was supposed to sell 300 million according to legendary posters on VGC.  But in all seriousness, the 3DS is topping in the mid 70 million.  I don't see why the Switch would sell more than that.

the-pi-guy

That's like DS numbers....  

More likely I think Nintendo would diminish Switch support by like 2020, and sales stop in 2023.  Nintendo sucks at the long game.  

Dr. Pezus

Nope. Not happening

SWORDF1SH

Cute Pikachu

Wii sales max 45 million min
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Tachikoma

I predict that prediction will predictably fail.

DerNebel

And dogsombrerod predictions like this make their stock prices soar... that's really all you need to know about the stock market...

Legend

The Wii was supposed to sell 300 million according to legendary posters on VGC.  But in all seriousness, the 3DS is topping in the mid 70 million.  I don't see why the Switch would sell more than that.
Yeah switch is basically a 3DS but without the launch problems.

The problem with it so far is that it's only attractive to Nintendo fans. Unlike Wii U it's super attractive so it should sell much better, but it's not really doing anything to bring people in that don't care about Nintendo itself in the slightest. 50 million and up is only possible with the help of casuals.

Tachikoma

Yeah switch is basically a 3DS but without the launch problems.

The problem with it so far is that it's only attractive to Nintendo fans. Unlike Wii U it's super attractive so it should sell much better, but it's not really doing anything to bring people in that don't care about Nintendo itself in the slightest. 50 million and up is only possible with the help of filthy casuals.
Fixed.

ethomaz

Yeah *

* If you use the same logic Ars Technica used to estimate Xbox One sales lol