Destiny 2 Review Thread: 85 OC (62 Reviews) 86 MC (58 Reviews)

Started by ethomaz, Sep 05, 2017, 10:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ethomaz

"It's Destiny, without all the battleship." - Destiny 2 review-in-progress - Polygon

"Destiny 2 is better than D1, which I loved, and so I love Destiny 2 even more; I absolutely cannot wait to get back to playing it. I don't actually care about any of the things I've complained about. I'm going to put hundreds of hours into this stupid game, shooting things and watching my numbers go up." - This isn't a Destiny 2 review, but it's as close as you're going to get from us for a week | VG247

"One thing that's not really debatable is the level of quality found throughout the game, first in terms of presentation aspects like visuals, art-design, sound quality and soundtrack. Destiny 2 absolutely shines here. Each world feels unique, with hidden pockets of cave systems and unique art. Sound always feels pitch perfect for the situation whether on an exploration or tense firefight." - Destiny 2 Review | AOTF

"I played 20 hours of Destiny 2 and it's everything fans have been asking for" - Destiny 2 is everything fans have been asking for - The Verge

"Destiny 2 is bigger, better, and more beautiful than ever. I could have spent a paragraph talking about the skies alone. Endless side quests and activities, a thrilling campaign and slick PvP are only the beginning of what's on offer." - Destiny 2 review in progress | GamesRadar+

4/5 for the Special Preview Build - Destiny 2 | Game  Review | Slant Magazine

Legend

~5 hours till I can pick it up. (well technically my brother is buying but I mooch)

Ludicrous Speed

Every time I think I've decided to go ahead and give Destiny 2 a shot (after all, I did put tons of hours into the vanilla game, 0 into any of the DLC, end game was trash) I see something that makes me nope the fudge out of that decision. This last time it was the news that there are microtransaction boosts you can buy. I know you can earn them in game, but this means they're tinkering with these abilities in vanilla gameplay to entice you to buy the boosts. That's how boosts work. Otherwise no one would buy them. Plus it's Activision, there will be many worse DLC moves to come.

I eventually caved and bought the Destiny Collection when it was on sale for like $20 and ended up playing like 20 minutes of it, too much had changed lol. I think this time I'll wait a year and maybe just buy the whole thing fresh for $20 or less.

ethomaz

NeverDies

I'm in line to buy it right now. DESTINY IS MY DESTINY!
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

ethomaz

Queue time... servers reached capacity.

Destiny reached 5 million at launch with queue lines.

Legend

Xevross

I'm only buying it if two of my friends are convinced to get it, and none of us are really interested right now.

Cute Pikachu

The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

Why aren't there any review scores? Sure lots of the big sites will wait and fully experience the game, but I'm surprised no one has jumped in with a quick review.

ethomaz

Why aren't there any review scores? Sure lots of the big sites will wait and fully experience the game, but I'm surprised no one has jumped in with a quick review.
No score before Raid on 13rd.

Legend

ethomaz

Is this a Bungie thing?
It is reviewers thing.

They played only 20-30 hours until the release... after they need more time with big population and finally the Raid is unlocked on Sep 13rd.

No reviewer wants to review a game that they didn't have full experience.

There is a review that give a 4/5 score for it 20 hours and called pre review... he will give another score after 13rd.

Go Up