When (and how) did you first played on your favorite brand of console?

Started by u4gReservoirDogs, Sep 07, 2014, 11:26 AM

previous topic - next topic

u4gReservoirDogs

I started playing on an Atari 7800 when I was just a little boy, after that I bought (and of course played on) a N.E.S., SEGA Master System, S.N.E.S. and SEGA Megadrive.
It was the year 1997, I was 15 years old and was playing on a SEGA Mega Drive (Streets of Rage + Sonic + Columns ftw!) that I bought of the husband of a niece of mine.
I bought a PlayStation on Thursday december 4th 1997(1 day before Sinterklaas (yeah, looks a lot like Santa Claus) which is a holiday in The Netherlands) and with it the game Final Fantasy VII.
I played so much that it was affecting my results at school, after 1 year of repeating my class I was kicked of that school and had to go to a lower class school where I passed all the exams with ease which saved a lot of time for me to do the thing that I liked the most: Play videogames.
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

Xevross

My Dad bought a PS1 with GT2 and a fifa (can't remember which) about 12 years ago. dang, that was a long story.

the-pi-guy

My Dad bought a PS1 with GT2 and a fifa (can't remember which) about 12 years ago. dang, that was a long story.

Good story, will read again.  If I have some time. 

7H3

NES, Sega Genesis, PS2 (I had no favorites between Genesis and PS2) PS3, PS4
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

the-pi-guy

Parents owned a N64 and SNES.  Those were awesome, got a PS2 for my Christmas, when I was 8?
With Jak and Daxter and Pacman.  Pacman wasn't my type of game, but Jak and Daxter was awesome. 

Xevross

Good story, will read again.  If I have some time.

10/10 would read?

the-pi-guy

10/10 would read?

I'll do more than read.  Give you a hint, typing this with my left hand.
It's because I can and I'm too lazy to move my other hand from the mouse.

Legend

My grandma had a ps1. She didn't have a memory card though so everytime we visited we had to restart games. Got really good at speedrunning hahaha.

u4gReservoirDogs

My grandma had a ps1. She didn't have a memory card though so everytime we visited we had to restart games. Got really good at speedrunning hahaha.

Hahahaha, wan't it boring at some point?
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

Legend

Hahahaha, wan't it boring at some point?

Well we only had one game, so yeah hahaha.

Spoiler for Hidden:
No. The game was spyro. That thing is awesome!!!!<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px"><div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px"><b>Spoiler</b> for <i>Hidden</i>: <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:60px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onClick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.value = 'Show'; }"></div><div class="alt2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px; border: 1px inset;"><div style="display: none;">You should have seen the looks on our faces when we discovered you could put the disc in upside down to get a crash bandicoot demo!</div></div></div>

BasilZero

When I first came to the US and lived with my cousins' I saw them playing Super Mario Bros 1 and Duck Hunt on their NES.

They would never let me touch the games, those bastards! :(

Anyways, 2 years later we moved out to an apartment complex and I made friends with a local boy (who also went to school with me) and we played Super Mario World on his SNES.

My parents decided to buy me a SNES for my 4th birthday :). It was the Super Mario World SNES bundle.

Man, dem early 1990s memories.