MS in talks with Kojima

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 08, 2021, 02:36 AM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Apr 08, 2021, 03:58 PM Last Edit: Apr 08, 2021, 04:00 PM by Xevross
so i say it over and over for months and everyone dismisses me but if legend says it once suddenly everyone is on board.   i see what's going on here,.. fudge you guys,.. i'm going home.

sony can still win this if their first party reigns supreme.  games sell consoles.  but MS seems determined to buy up the industry so as i said before,... sony better start making their own acquisitions too because they could quickly find themselves in a nintendo like state where most of the games are first party.   MS has 23 studios now and but like 15 of those were acquired in the last 2 years and all of them were multiplat before.   if MS acquires another 15+ studios in the next 2 years they will basically have purchased a monopoly in gaming.
I've been wondering about the impact of the big first party games, I don't think its that much. These games sell 20M at the craziest highs and probably have huge overlaps with each other. I think the biggest reason PS is the market leader by such a way is just its brand presence in every non-English speaking market. Xbox just never landed there. But if they push and try to get into those markets more there's no reason they can't catch up, especially when Sony are complacent and do stuff like making PS5 cost $1000+ in Egypt.

The big first parties are why PS4 won in the US, UK and similar last gen, it tipped them over the edge. But its not enough to sustain the platform if its all Sony has to fall back on, especially when xbox will start putting out more big first party games than them, at a lower cost or basically no cost for game pass users.