Predict day one games for next gen systems

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Jan 13, 2020, 04:18 AM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Jan 16, 2020, 12:00 PM Last Edit: Jan 16, 2020, 12:06 PM by Xevross
Obviously there's going to be lots of multiplats at launch like COD, Assassin's Creed, Fifa etc.

For PS5 I think Japan studio will 100% have a Knack-esque game at launch. Bluepoint's current project is going to be a PS5 exclusive and I think it'll be a launch title too. So that's at least 2 medium sized exclusives. They need at least one big one and I think there's four candidates: Horizon 2, Insomniac, polyphony and another Japan Studio game.

Horizon 2 is 100% coming within the first year of PS5 and it just comes down to if GG are ready for launch. I think this is the one they will be currently targeting and is the most likely to make launch.

Insomniac are a big studio with a solid output, if they miss 2020 it'll be the first time they've gone 2 years in a row without a 'big' game release since their company's creation in 1996. I think it'll be close but since they're under Sony now they'll be given a bit more time and money and their big PS5 exclusive will be early 2021, Infamous SS style.

Polyphony will be releasing the next GT within the next couple years for sure and there's a chance its available for launch, I'd probably bet its the big 2021 holiday exclusive though.

Japan Studio is a bit of a wild one. We know its a massive studio and they do lots of collaborations. I think that whilst they're making Knack 3 a smaller game they'll be collaborating on another, Bloodborne style. Perhaps its Bloodborne 2, that would be the dream. This is a bit of a longshot.

I think there'll also be a couple of smaller exclusives for PS5 at launch, Resogun level.

Xbox will have no launch exclusive, obviously as MS said they're not going to make any next gen exclusives for at least a year after launch. However if we count cross gen then they have Halo, Forza, Hellblade 2 (only 10% chance this makes launch) and probably one or two others from their newly acquired studios. If they do have at least those 4 then that's a really strong lineup and Sony will absolutely need a big game like Horizon 2 to compete.