Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

Game is kinda slow ::)

Great story though.

Xevross

Game is kinda slow ::)

Great story though.
I played 10 and a half hours today. This is at the pinnacle of pacing in gaming, perhaps not quite as good as U2 but its on the same level. So far I'm absolutely loving it, still waiting for the story to pick up but I love all the new characters and the dialogue is fantastic. I'd rate the game ~9.5/10 so far, but obviously what made TLOU so special was the complete story and the ending and it sounds like this is the same.

the-pi-guy

I've only put in 45 minutes.  :'(

Xevross

**SPOILERS** Anyone got to the end of Jackson here yet? MEGA SUPER SPOILER TALK here seriously don't read or quote this until you're way into the game, like 10+ hours (end of seattle day 2).

Spoiler for Hidden:
Its crazy how ND lied with their marketing again. Even the reveal trailer showed Joel asking Ellie if she wants to go through with this when, ya know. And then again later in the game there&#39;s a scene with Joel in the trailer but its someone else in the game. Plus they showed clips of Ellie on her own on the horse in seattle when she&#39;s actually always got Dina on the back in the game.<br>MEGA SUPER SPOILER UNDER THE SECOND TAG <div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px"><div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px"><b>Spoiler</b> for <i>Hidden</i>: <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:60px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onClick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.value = 'Show'; }"></div><div class="alt2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px; border: 1px inset;"><div style="display: none;">It almost ruined the death scene for me, because I remembered the trailers and thought he still had to be around.</div></div></div>

the-pi-guy

Anyone playing with headphones!

the-pi-guy

I had a dream last night I was going to a store to buy this game.  

The store had these huge bundles that included a TV, PS4, and the game for like $660.  

the-pi-guy

Also I'm up to 2 hours.  I miss the days when I could play 10 hours without a care in the world.

8)

nnodley

This frickin game! Sooooo good.  Still on Seattle day 1 and just over 4 hours into it. I am combing through everything.  Collectibles are fantastic as well as all the side dialogue.  

And the environments are just gorgeous.  I seriously don't know how they pulled it off on ps4.  Lighting is phenomenal.  Their full ps5 games are going to be absolutely bonkers.

Legend

8 hours in.

Pacing has improved a lot. Loving the game.

If anything, the story is too good. Highlights the game stuff like rock solid bushes on the edges of levels.

No major plot talk, but here are some of my current thoughts after the first day.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Very little gameplay innovation.<br><br>Feels like the first game plus Uncharted 4. Not a problem, still great.<br><br><br>I never use items lol, and this kinda broke the game at one point. I decided to clean house and just destroy everyone. Used a shotgun for the first time. Was a very fun change of pace. Problem was as part of this the game decided they wanted a tense run section. So even though I had full health and felt unstopable, I had to run away.<br><br><br>I hope the plot is more complex than I am expecting. I have killed so many humans and any sort of debate about our actions ala u2 will just feel fake.<br><br>Loved one area and one scene so so much.<br><br>Early game spoiler<br><div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px"><div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px"><b>Spoiler</b> for <i>Hidden</i>: <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:60px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onClick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.value = 'Show'; }"></div><div class="alt2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px; border: 1px inset;"><div style="display: none;"><br>Loved how Abby was introduced. Amazing way to make us feel the moment.<br></div></div></div><br>

nnodley

bout to start playing again.  This is all i'm gonna be thinking about for the next month as i finish the game(multiple times) and fully gather all the collectibles and dialogues.

Legend

I switched to playing with headphones. Game was having issues with my home theater system.

Mostly better, although way less loud during combat. I used to feel tension every time I went to brake glass haha.

Not a story spoiler but discussing human combat at one point. No spoils outside of fight mechanics.
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Had humans attack me without having a reason to attack me.<br><br>I tried to not fight back but the game forced me to.<br><br>I then killed all but one and shot the last girl. She did not die, and instead started begging for her life. I did not want to hurt her so I did not hurt her.<br><br>Yet this was all fake. She just kept begging without change until she popped up with seamingly full health and tried to kill me again. At that point I killed her, and it was dumb.<br><br>I understand why I couldn&#39;t befriend these people but it would have been nice if there was a peaceful option.<br>

Also I keep pressing square to dodge for some stupid reason ::)

Xevross

I switched to playing with headphones. Game was having issues with my home theater system.

Mostly better, although way less loud during combat. I used to feel tension every time I went to brake glass haha.

Not a story spoiler but discussing human combat at one point. No spoils outside of fight mechanics.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Had humans attack me without having a reason to attack me.

I tried to not fight back but the game forced me to.

I then killed all but one and shot the last girl. She did not die, and instead started begging for her life. I did not want to hurt her so I did not hurt her.

Yet this was all fake. She just kept begging without change until she popped up with seamingly full health and tried to kill me again. At that point I killed her, and it was dumb.

I understand why I couldn't befriend these people but it would have been nice if there was a peaceful option.

Also I keep pressing square to dodge for some stupid reason ::)

Spoiler for Hidden:
Without a reason? I guess you haven&#39;t seen much of the story? All &quot;tresspassers&quot; and &quot;sinners&quot; are killed on sight by both human factions.<br><br>Whenever I had anyone begging for their life like that they just bled out. Weird.

DerNebel

I'm just so bummed out that the online discourse around the game is so absolutely pathetic, I go on reddit after playing for a couple hours and on top of the Games subreddit is an article shitting on the game, which people of course upvoted in droves because they decided weeks ago to hate the game. And in the comments you see BS like "Dina is just a horny lesbian girlfriend character" and  (end of Jackson spoiler)
Spoiler for Hidden:
&quot;it destroyed Joels character because he wouldn&#39;t have entered the house with Abby, he&#39;d be more careful cause he&#39;s the most wanted man on the planet&quot;

Gaming discussion is just getting more and more unacceptable online over time.

Legend

Spoiler for Hidden:
Without a reason? I guess you haven't seen much of the story? All "tresspassers" and "sinners" are killed on sight by both human factions.

Whenever I had anyone begging for their life like that they just bled out. Weird.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Yes without reason. Was a side area you might have missed on day 2.<br><div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px"><div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px"><b>Spoiler</b> for <i>Hidden</i>: <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:60px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onClick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.value = 'Show'; }"></div><div class="alt2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px; border: 1px inset;"><div style="display: none;"><br>Deserters from wlf. They thought I was there to take them back. Just a few hiding in a house.<br></div></div></div><br>

the-pi-guy

I'm at work
:'(
You are all going to finish it before I can even get back in.

Go Up