The UK Votes to Leave the European Union

Started by Xevross, Jun 24, 2016, 12:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

That is fair point. Greece failed because they endured austerity and EU came down on them hard because they were duplicitous to the EU regarding its debt to GDP ratio and other financial information which are some of the stipulations to enter the EU. Still the EU were too slow to react and the bureaucratic format did not help with that.
The terrible austerity measures are just another point in the incompetence of the leaders of the EU. I won't bother going into details, but even the International Monetary Fund apologized for recommending the austerity measures.

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

That sounds about right from what I've been hearing. Although I would have expected them to be a bit closer than that.

What I'd be more interested in is seeing what percentage of leave and remain voters said these things.

DerNebel

You can literally see the age difference between the remain and leave voters in these results.

Legend

That sounds about right from what I've been hearing. Although I would have expected them to be a bit closer than that.

What I'd be more interested in is seeing what percentage of leave and remain voters said these things.
Yeah without that percentage the stats are misleading. It only shows how people with certain opinions were likely to vote, which is kinda obvious. IE of course a person who dislikes globalization would vote to leave.

Aura7541

Xevross

Yeah without that percentage the stats are misleading. It only shows how people with certain opinions were likely to vote, which is kinda obvious. IE of course a person who dislikes globalization would vote to leave.

Yeah exactly. For all we know it could be that only 1% of leave voters said feminism is a force for ill where this chart kind of makes leave voters look anti feminist. It doesn't say very much.

Why is "mixed" missing?
Because its a weird chart that isn't saying what it looks like it is.

Aura7541

Yeah exactly. For all we know it could be that only 1% of leave voters said feminism is a force for ill where this chart kind of makes leave voters look anti feminist. It doesn't say very much.
Well, the other thing is that feminism's name has been utterly ruined by 3rd wave feminists. From the frequently cited false wage gap to Bahar Mustafa's #KillAllWhiteMen hashtag to air conditioning is sexist, feminism has become a joke.

Similar reasoning can be applied to multiculturalism and immigration. The migration crisis has dampened people's perception on these two aspects. When it comes to multiculturalism, instead of being associated with positive aspects like culinary or artistic diversity, it's being associated with Sharia courts or naughtiness trafficking (e.g. Rochdale, Rotheram, Derby, & Telford). The police not addressing the latter also exacerbates the problem. Also, asking if immigration is a force of good or evil is a flawed question because it includes both legal and illegal immigration. I bet that Leave voters generally do not have problems with legal immigration.

That isn't to say I agree with all of Leave's viewpoints if this poll is to be believed. The fact that the vast majority is allegedly against the green movement is a bit worrying.

Xevross

Well, the other thing is that feminism's name has been utterly ruined by 3rd wave feminists. From the frequently cited false wage gap to Bahar Mustafa's #KillAllWhiteMen hashtag to air conditioning is sexist, feminism has become a joke.

Similar reasoning can be applied to multiculturalism and immigration. The migration crisis has dampened people's perception on these two aspects. When it comes to multiculturalism, instead of being associated with positive aspects like culinary or artistic diversity, it's being associated with Sharia courts or naughtiness trafficking (e.g. Rochdale, Rotheram, Derby, & Telford). The police not addressing the latter also exacerbates the problem. Also, asking if immigration is a force of good or evil is a flawed question because it includes both legal and illegal immigration. I bet that Leave voters generally do not have problems with legal immigration.

That isn't to say I agree with all of Leave's viewpoints if this poll is to be believed. The fact that the vast majority is allegedly against the green movement is a bit worrying.
Yeah I was just using feminism as an example.

I agree more with the remain viewpoints on the chart but for a lot of them I'd say mixed. I'm very pro green movement and its the #1 thing I liked about the EU. I hope our government has the sense to implement all the green laws the EU has and more.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Why is everyone starting to freak out that you can negotiate deals for 2 years, When basically everything else is going to remain in place?

kitler53

Jul 01, 2016, 03:38 AM Last Edit: Jul 01, 2016, 03:44 AM by kitler53
Why is everyone starting to freak out that you can negotiate deals for 2 years, When basically everything else is going to remain in place?
at the end of two years of no deal has been reached the UK is kicked out without a deal. that would mean no access to the EU market which would be devastating to london's financial market. 

the EU has said no deal can be reached that doesn't included the UK adopting the EUs immigration.  the leave vote made closing the boarders a big talking point.  hard to imagine how they reconcile these points. 

http://www.wsj.com/articles/brexit-vote-casts-shadow-over-banks-construction-boom-in-london-1467305317

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Go Up