The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Dev stuff makes sense. No one really understands what goes on behind the scenes and every game has stuff like that. Plus it stems from the fear of the game being a low priority. Elite Dangerous has had this a lot too, just replace remasters with development of different ips. Still frustrating though.

Streaming thing is stupid. I didn't even know Age of Empires had an active streaming community.
I'm probably exaggerating a lot.  I'm just basing it off a few posts that i i managed to see, I don't see r/aoe2 posts often.  

Xevross

Xevross

Legend

Xbox Game Pass announced for PC | ResetEra

news.xbox.com   Our Approach to PC Gaming - Xbox Wire  We believe the player should be at the center of their gaming experience and be able to harness the unique benefits of the devices they choose to play on. Nowhere is that belief more important than on the PC. As the creators of Windows, we have a unique responsibility to ensure we're investing...   news.xbox.com news.xbox.com    
Xbox Game Pass for PC will give players unlimited access to a curated library of over 100 high-quality PC games on Windows 10, from well-known PC game developers and publishers such as Bethesda, Deep Silver, Devolver Digital, Paradox Interactive, SEGA, and more. And just as we committed on the console, it is our intent to include new games from Xbox Game Studios in Xbox Game Pass for PC the same day as their global release, including titles from newly acquired studios like Obsidian and inXile. We're working with over 75 developers and publishers to bring PC content to the service and we'll ensure the library remains curated and full of great PC titles across a variety of genres, with new games added every month.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  

Legend

Cliff Bleszisnki tweets about his career change | ResetEra

I don't care much about Cliffy B or his games. I think the last game of his I played and truly cared about was Unreal but I don't blame him for a second for distancing himself from the industry.

Just as the ability to tolerate abuse in any form is not something that should be commended, the right to step away from a toxic environment is not something we should mock someone for.

The "he's/she's popular in social media so he/she needs to be able to take verbal abuse" line of thinking is something that, frankly, I find disturbing.  
Click the link, he won a Tony. Nice

Legend

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/17/18682424/twitch-lawsuit-artifact-trolls-copyright-fraud

That's messed up that this happened. Might not be the correct move, but I'm glad Twitch is at least doing something.

Legend

Civ 6 is 75% off on steam. I think it's time I finally get it!!!

Also lead me to discovering this spiritual successor to Civ 5.

Legend

Legend

Purchased civ 6!

the-pi-guy

Legend

https://youtu.be/UCj8llyzfWo
That's an odd video. It has a ton of good points and a seemingly good overall message but it is presented in possibly the worst way possible.

Definitely shouldn't have included the "I didn't ask for this" part and really shouldn't have repeated it. The video is all about how gamers have been normalized to playing as evil characters so it's weird to act like gamers aren't currently ok with it. Also it's a really stupid concept since the player specifically did ask for it by buying the game.

A better approach is to factor it into age ratings. M games would stay M but it would include a descriptor about normalizing Nazis/terrorists. Super small dinky thing that doesn't change anything but makes a few more people conscious of it. Games rated Teen would either remove them, jump to M, or rework themselves to paint Nazis/terrorists in a non neutral light.

The concept of having people opt in to play as bad guys really doesn't work. It'd cost a lot for devs to support a feature like that and it would break so many things. A better solution would be a graphics toggle that makes players always see their own team as good and the enemy as a Nazi/terrorist but that also isn't without issues.

Dr. Pezus

So MS is publishing switch games now

the-pi-guy

So MS is publishing switch games now
Aye Ori!  

I thought they already had some before though.

MS over the past few years seems to be interested in making games, but not necessary exclusive.

Dr. Pezus

Aye Ori!  

I thought they already had some before though.

MS over the past few years seems to be interested in making games, but not necessary exclusive.
Well minecraft I guess. Maybe that cartoon indie?

Go Up