Jaguar
Something between the two
Zen
a sexy, smoothly peeled potato

Linked Events

Go Down

Xevross

Also, yeah I agree with Legend.

What was this and why did this have to exist?
Just something to keep the hardcore gamers interested before they push it out to everyone at e3

DerNebel

Just something to keep the hardcore gamers interested before they push it out to everyone at e3
I guess... thinking about it Xbox didn't exactly make the news a lot in the last couple months, at least positively, so looking at it from that perspective this kinda make sense.

But seriously, at least give people a decent comparison screenshot or something.

ethomaz

That was a weird console reveal...

Not too bad but horribly odd. Why would they do this before they could show any games actually running on the thing? It forces people to only think about the numbers and on paper Scorpio is much worse than fans expected. The DX12 optimizations and the like might do wonders in practice but right now it feels like a disappointment.

For what reason did this need to happen before E3?
Damage control.

DF was about to leak the actual XDK that was way lower than actual 6TF target and MS intervented giving them the full TARGET specs.

Why TARGET? Because I don't believe they have a machine running at 6TFs right now... they are optimizing the cooling system and waiting a better silicon production to reach the 6TFs in June.

Mmm_fish_tacos

It will be come the most poweful console, but it just dosent sound impressive.

ethomaz

BTW another case of OVERHYPE being killed :D

I don't even know how people can expect anything outside Jaguar when there is no new custom APU's tech from AMD right now or even before 2018.

Legend

Damage control.

DF was about to leak the actual XDK that was way lower than actual 6TF target and MS intervented giving them the full TARGET specs.

Why TARGET? Because I don't believe they have a machine running at 6TFs right now... they are optimizing the cooling system and waiting a better silicon production to reach the 6TFs in June.
The video today basically confirms they don't have 6tf dev kits right now. Forza 6 demo used "cobbled together" production parts. So it was probably 6tf but not in a near finished state.

ethomaz

The video today basically confirms they don't have 6tf dev kits right now. Forza 6 demo used "cobbled together" production parts. So it was probably 6tf but not in a near finished state.
Yeap... Forza is probably running in a PC targeted to Scorpio final specs.

nnodley

Wait so they didn't even say whether it was jaguar or zen?  So it's something in between?  

ethomaz

Apr 06, 2017, 03:44 PM Last Edit: Apr 06, 2017, 03:49 PM by ethomaz
Wait so they didn't even say whether it was jaguar or zen?  So it's something in between? 
It says in the article "Envolved Jaguar".

Even with some custom tricks it is Jaguar cores yet.

BTW I just think they said customized Jaguar for marketing PR... like Switch Tegra X1.

nnodley

It says in the article "Envolved Jaguar".

Even with some custom tricks it is Jaguar cores yet.
Yeah I just saw it.  So this is definitely nothing huge like gaf was hyping it up to be. lol

Legend

Yeah I just saw it.  So this is definitely nothing huge like gaf was hyping it up to be. lol
Yeah it's just MS equivalent to the PS4 Pro, but will probably be more premium.

Looks really small.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Gaf seems to be jumoing on the hype train over scorpios "boost" mode.

Dr. Pezus

I can't see this playing everything in 4k

Legend

I can't see this playing everything in 4k
No it won't but I'd expect most 1080p XBO games to be in 4k.
Gaf seems to be jumoing on the hype train over scorpios "boost" mode.

Have they confirmed anything special about it? It sounded pretty standard.

DerNebel

Have they confirmed anything special about it? It sounded pretty standard.
Looks like it'll take full advantage of the system instead of just the faster CPU as is the case with the Pro, still won't make a huge difference of course.

And yeah, I've also already seen some people lose their mind over this, saying that this will be playing games at 4K/60fps across the board for instance.

Go Up