What CPU?

Jaguar
Something between the two
Zen
a sexy, smoothly peeled potato

Linked Events

Go Down

Raven

Where is the option for "a sexy, smoothly peeled potato"?

Legend

Where is the option for "a sexy, smoothly peeled potato"?
How silly of me to forget.

BananaKing

If it's Zen, it could be $599.

It plus the other spec bumps will cost a lot and at that point MS would probably want a profit. They'd have to sell it as an uber premium game console. Could be cool and smart.
this thing isnt gonna sell bucket loads what ever the price tag is. its gonna be 450 or higher. 400 at best case scenario. as long as it shares a library with PS4 and XB1 multiplates it wont sell a lot. and by a lot i mean XB1 or PS4 numbers. but by making it Zen, and beafing up the specs, they are future proofing this with next gen consoles. by the time the PS5 and next gen xbox roll out, this would have an install base of lets say, 15 million (just a hypothetical). when next gen starts, this thing will be at a cheap price tag (relativily) maybe 300 or 250$ or so, it will play PS5 and next gen Xbox games, and have an already established install base. they start out a gen with an 10-20 million advantage in install base. it makes the transition for both third parties and them selfs easier and with less risk.

Legend

this thing isnt gonna sell bucket loads what ever the price tag is. its gonna be 450 or higher. 400 at best case scenario. as long as it shares a library with PS4 and XB1 multiplates it wont sell a lot. and by a lot i mean XB1 or PS4 numbers. but by making it Zen, and beafing up the specs, they are future proofing this with next gen consoles. by the time the PS5 and next gen xbox roll out, this would have an install base of lets say, 15 million (just a hypothetical). when next gen starts, this thing will be at a cheap price tag (relativily) maybe 300 or 250$ or so, it will play PS5 and next gen Xbox games, and have an already established install base. they start out a gen with an 10-20 million advantage in install base. it makes the transition for both third parties and them selfs easier and with less risk.
You think scorpio will be future compatible with the next XBOX? I think that would work if the next XBOX is another equivalent to PS4 Pro, but not if it's a full new gen.

Plus the install base doesn't matter for next gen since MS has already integrated PC into their ecosystem. Scorpio could sell under 1 million and it'd still get support.

BananaKing

You think scorpio will be future compatible with the next XBOX? I think that would work if the next XBOX is another equivalent to PS4 Pro, but not if it's a full new gen.

Plus the install base doesn't matter for next gen since MS has already integrated PC into their ecosystem. Scorpio could sell under 1 million and it'd still get support.
i think it can. of course it would get the "lower end" versions of games. but i can see third parties still release games on it, specially if it means them selling more software. MS did say they see a "future without generations", and i think what they meant by that is a more seamless transition between gens. whats the point in releasing such a high end piece of hardware, if its going to be obsolete in 3 years or so?

ethomaz

Looks like they uploaded a new private video.

Legend

BananaKing

do you think we will actually see the box?

Legend

No box. Probably not even a dev kit. Just spec sheets, text, and video of gameplay from released games imo.

BananaKing

No box. Probably not even a dev kit. Just spec sheets, text, and video of gameplay from released games imo.
im thinking no box. no dev kit obviously. specs, gameplay for Forza 7, Gears and maybe halo 5.

SWORDF1SH

I think that's exactly what we'll get. Price and console reveal for E3.

Legend

im thinking no box. no dev kit obviously. specs, gameplay for Forza 7, Gears and maybe halo 5.
QB will be there

BananaKing

I think that's exactly what we'll get. Price and console reveal for E3.
i could see price left for later too. closer to release or so. i also think we will get a "november release" but no specific date

ethomaz

Legend

Go Up