Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Black Panther is still doing extremely well. The global cume should have passed $500m today. Box office mojo are predicting an extraordinary second weekend in the US of $120m, which would easily be the second best second weekend of all time, and would bring its domestic cume to over $400m, and push worldwide possibly past 700 already.

Most people are doubting that number, and expecting a weekend more around $100m, but 120 would be absolute madness.

darkknightkryta

the-pi-guy

DC needs to step up their game and stop sucking.

darkknightkryta

The brightside can be Whedon might have been thinking of doing that crud burnside... crud.  If he was planning to do this right... then I'm sad.

Xevross

Black Panther posts easily the second best second Saturday ever. It looks like it might get close to hitting box office mojo's ridiculous early prediction after all.

Dr. Pezus

Black Panther posts easily the second best second Saturday ever. It looks like it might get close to hitting box office mojo's ridiculous early prediction after all.
Where do you see the numbers so early?

Xevross

Feb 25, 2018, 02:28 PM Last Edit: Feb 25, 2018, 02:31 PM by Xevross
Where do you see the numbers so early?
Box office theory forums. They have two insiders with access to all the numbers pretty much as they come in from all the cinemas. It's usually a poster called Rth who gives his estimate for the day once he's got most of the data. He said 47.8 about 8 hours ago, and Disney official numbers should come in a couple of hours. (Weekend currently looking like 105-110, which beats avengers for 2nd best 2nd weekend)

Legend

Is Pixar "dead" nowadays?

I watched Cars 3 on netflix and it's just so average. I can't remember the last Pixar movie I thought was good, much less great.

Fake edit: looked at the list and it's Toy Story 3 from 8 years ago.

the-pi-guy

Is Pixar "dead" nowadays?

I watched Cars 3 on netflix and it's just so average. I can't remember the last Pixar movie I thought was good, much less great.

Fake edit: looked at the list and it's Toy Story 3 from 8 years ago.
Inside Out?

Legend

Inside Out?
I don't understand why people like it so much   :P

the-pi-guy

I don't understand why people like it so much   :P

People liked Finding Dory, but I never felt a desire to watch it.  
Coco has gotten some great reviews, but at the same time to me, it just doesn't seem like a Pixar movie in terms of quality.  

But Inside Out is a national treasure!  
I'm like 85% sure I cried the first time I saw it.

Xevross

WHAT. Inside Out was amazing! Finding Dory was fantastic! Coco is supposed to be really great and I want to watch it.  I'm hoping incredibles 2 will be as well. Pixar is still strong as ever.

Legend

People liked Finding Dory, but I never felt a desire to watch it.  
Coco has gotten some great reviews, but at the same time to me, it just doesn't seem like a Pixar movie in terms of quality.  

But Inside Out is a national treasure!  
I'm like 85% sure I cried the first time I saw it.

I've talked about my dislike of Inside Out many times in the past. It's just an unoriginal concept that's just kinda forgettable. Only one person I've talked to in person likes it.

Finding Dory was probably a little worse. Pretty comparable to Monsters University.

Coco never looked good to me in the trailers but I won't judge it till I see it. My cousin loved it though but he's also the guy that liked Inside Out. Plus he's a Pixar fanboy who works in the industry so in general he likes every film they make.

WHAT. Inside Out was amazing! Finding Dory was fantastic! Coco is supposed to be really great and I want to watch it.  I'm hoping incredibles 2 will be as well. Pixar is still strong as ever.
Pixar still has fans and there's no problem with people still liking their films, but the decline seems to be something most people agree on.

I'd say...
Toy Story: Great
A Bug's Life: Great/Good
Toy Story 2: Good
Monsters, Inc.: Great
Finding Nemo: Great
The Incredibles: Great
Cars: Great/Good
Ratatouille: Great
WALL-E: Great
Up: Great/Good
Toy Story 3: Great/Good
Cars 2: Bad
Brave: Average
Monsters University: Average/Bad
Inside Out: Average
The Good Dinosaur: Bad
Finding Dory: Average/Bad
Cars 3: Average/Bad

They have so many movies nowadays that could just be ignored.

the-pi-guy

I've talked about my dislike of Inside Out many times in the past. It's just an unoriginal concept that's just kinda forgettable. Only one person I've talked to in person likes it.
Not here you haven't!  (as far as I can tell.)

I am not sure how it's unoriginal.  I can only think of a few pieces of medium that have ever really tried to depict the "voices" inside someone's head like IO did.  

Finding Dory was probably a little worse. Pretty comparable to Monsters University.

Coco never looked good to me in the trailers but I won't judge it till I see it. My cousin loved it though but he's also the guy that liked Inside Out. Plus he's a Pixar fanboy who works in the industry so in general he likes every film they make.
I can agree with this though.
Coco is weird for me.  When I first saw the trailers, it reminded me of some cartoons that my 3 year old niece watches.  So I was expecting it to be some kind of B movie.

Legend

Not here you haven't!  (as far as I can tell.)

I am not sure how it's unoriginal.  I can only think of a few pieces of medium that have ever really tried to depict the "voices" inside someone's head like IO did.  
Guess this is my only old post about it.

The inside out thing is called Ghost in the Machine on tv tropes.

I can agree with this though.
Coco is weird for me.  When I first saw the trailers, it reminded me of some cartoons that my 3 year old niece watches.  So I was expecting it to be some kind of B movie.
It felt like a knockoff of

Go Up