Ghost of Tsushima Thread - Reviews: (83 Meta / 111 Reviews) (85 Open/ 141 Reviews)

Started by Xevross, Jul 08, 2020, 07:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

One of the big issues I had with the infamous games was that the side content generally lacked anything.  

Think it was easily the weakest part of infamous. A lot of content but most of it was meaningless.  Sounds the same here from one of the reviews.

Xevross

6 perfect scores so far from: Video Game Sophistry, We Got This Covered, ZTGD, Screen Rant, DailyStar, Dark Station.

Dr. Pezus

About as expected, maybe a bit lower. Too bad sucker punch can't seem to reach the same heights as other sony devs

Xevross

About as expected, maybe a bit lower. Too bad sucker punch can't seem to reach the same heights as other sony devs
Well at least they're consistent.

Xevross

Sounds like its a fine game but it doesn't do anything new and doesn't shine in many areas. Basically what we expected, although it seems to have some more issues and common complaints than I thought it might.

This is the same level of reviews as AC Odyssey and lots of people love that and call it one of their favourite games ever, so who knows. I can't wait to play it at least.

Dr. Pezus

Sounds like its a fine game but it doesn't do anything new and doesn't shine in many areas. Basically what we expected, although it seems to have some more issues and common complaints than I thought it might.

This is the same level of reviews as AC Odyssey and lots of people love that and call it one of their favourite games ever, so who knows. I can't wait to play it at least.
Yeah I mean I really liked infamous SS and that had 80 on meta or something. Their games are very fun but flawed and the open world is a bit simple. Not the witcher, Rockstar open world type

Xevross

This just makes me appreciated Horizon Zero Dawn even more. Guerrilla really nailed it first time with their open world new IP and they didn't have prior experience with open world games.

Xevross

Meta can't decide if its 83 or 84, its crazy how broken that site is.

Legend

Not too shabby.

Hopefully it'll be like Days Gone and become a huge hit despite the slightly lower scores.

Xevross

Not too shabby.

Hopefully it'll be like Days Gone and become a huge hit despite the slightly lower scores.
Yeah hopefully although scores are a heck of a lot higher than Days Gone on average.

Days Gone is in the top 48% of games on Opencritic, Ghost of Tsushima is currently in the top 8%.

Xevross

84 takes up ranks #1809-2219 on meta all time and this game is sitting at 2193, so currently a low 84. Although that could also be buggy and behind...

Edit: now #2108

Xevross

This one has me super hyped. SkillUp usually has similar tastes to me.

Xevross

This really does sound like everything I wanted modern AC to be. No RPG battleship, just adventure. A world which is more organic to explore than a just following exclamation marks on a UI minimap.

Xevross

nnodley

Go Up